What's new

Curious what fire method you use to light up?

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
BIC. I stopped using jet lighters a while ago because I could get just as good a light and can use the same lighter for pipes.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lighter that has a soft flame and a single torch, that can be alternated with a button on the side. I use the torch to toast the foot, the switch to the soft flame to complete the final light.

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I have a lighter that has a soft flame and a single torch, that can be alternated with a button on the side. I use the torch to toast the foot, the switch to the soft flame to complete the final light.
I’d be curious to know which lighter your using, would be a lot easier to carry something like that when on the go.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I use a BIC. I have 2 Xicar that I like when working properly, but I got tired of the periodic futzing with them. I have some Zippos, but haven't been able to find them. But they will turn up and when they do I have a couple of butane inserts, 1 soft flame and 1 single torch.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I have a large single jet culinary torch that I use as a table top lighter when I'm home. It works really well, has an enormous fuel capacity, and stays lit without holding a button, at least until you cut off the gas flow. It also has alternate uses. I haven't yet used it for cooking, but it came in handy when I was melting lead for sweat fittings on some household plumbing. Also have a triple jet pocket torch, and a duel jet zippo insert that I use when I'm on the go. Both are good lighters, but the smaller fuel capacities will only let you light 2 or 3 sticks before you have to refill, maybe 1 or 2 if you're into big ring gauges.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Blazer PB207 original industrial torch for cigars, they last 2 or 3 years depending on how often I use it as a torch tool. Been using these for over 15 years, pick up a few at a time when they go on sale. Soft Flame of some sort for pipes, usually a butane pipe lighter zippo insert.