What's new

Curivari Achilles

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
A guy at a shop close by recommended I try one a while back. It was mediocre at best to me.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
As I remember, someone handed me the band and asked where it was from. Ran it down to Curvari. I have bought and smoke a lot of their sticks from Cigar King in Scottsdale who introduced them to me when they were very new to the scene.

I smoke one I had this week. Started harsh, got wonky in the second third and then was good on the finish. Have not repurchased.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Also, has anyone else had trouble with the wrappers of all curivaris. They all seem to be very thin and crack easily.
I have been through 4 boxes of BV500's, 2 boxes of Gloria de Leons, and 2 boxes of Café Petit and haven't had any issues yet. Knock on wood.
^same. never an issue
Cool, basically two of the Buenaventura's that I've got has had their cap literally fall off in the humidor. Maybe that's because I move them around too much and no cello, but just seemed real delicate
One of the guys at puff pointed out that the last few batches have been box pressed when the Originals were round, maybe a factory change or just rushing to keep up with demand since the CA Top 25. I leave mine in the boxes and pull them out one by one, may have something to do with why I have had no issues but who knows.
not sure that's right, BV had always had at least a soft box press since founding... none of their other lines that i recall, but BV was always pressed.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, has anyone else had trouble with the wrappers of all curivaris. They all seem to be very thin and crack easily.
I have been through 4 boxes of BV500's, 2 boxes of Gloria de Leons, and 2 boxes of Café Petit and haven't had any issues yet. Knock on wood.
^same. never an issue
Cool, basically two of the Buenaventura's that I've got has had their cap literally fall off in the humidor. Maybe that's because I move them around too much and no cello, but just seemed real delicate
One of the guys at puff pointed out that the last few batches have been box pressed when the Originals were round, maybe a factory change or just rushing to keep up with demand since the CA Top 25. I leave mine in the boxes and pull them out one by one, may have something to do with why I have had no issues but who knows.
Same here. I bought some BV's the other day and they reminded me of an Anejo Shark, round to square, I've never seen that before.