What's new

Curivari

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I have long been a fan of Curivari smokes. The company doesn't really promote their cigars much, which is kind of a unique strategy in the cigar world. They started selling cigars in Europe about 20 years ago. A Greek guy runs the company.

This is from Halfwheel:
"The company has a spartan and dated webpage, a semi-active Twitter account loaded with Retweets, a near-dormant Instagram account, and an equally as quiet Facebook page." :LOL:

It is sometimes difficult for me to differentiate their blends due to my muted palate. So I did a little research. Feel free to point out errors or add info. Curivari cigars are all Nicaraguan puros except the few blends that use a Mexican wrapper. They employ a blend of Cuban seed Criollo and Corojo Nicaraguan fillers in nearly all of their blends as far as I know.

Buenaventura Line

Pralines: has a Mexican SA wrapper
Cremas: has an EC Shade wrapper
Dimensiones: has a Corojo wrapper
Picadores: Long and short scrap tobacco from BV line.
L.E. 2021: Tweeked in some unknown way.

Achillies Line

Heroicos: has a habano wrapper - original Achilles blend
Invensibles: has a Colorado Habano wrapper - lighter body than heroicos.
Mirmidones: has a Mexican SA wrapper
La Lliada: Habano wrapper. Unknown how it is different from original.

Reserva Limitada Line: They all have a habano wrapper except for Limitada Cafe, which is listed as sungrown on one website. These are obviously different blends, but I don't know what is different in each blend. The Cafe Noir looks like a maduro to me, so...

Seleccion Privada Line

Seleccion Privada: habano wrapper
Seleccion Privada Coronations: corojo wrapper
Seleccion Privada Maduro: habano maduro wrapper
Seleccion Privada Lancero L.E. 2021: Same as original but they used a portion of "aged tobacco" that is different, apparently.

Socrates: Mexican SA wrapper
Gloria De Leon: Habano wrapper. Fullest-bodied Curivari
El Gran Rey: Habano wrapper. I don't know how this blend differs from Gloria De Leon as far as the filler goes, but it does have a different profile in my experience.

Curivari released a boatload of blends at the 2017 trade show, as did other manufacturers due to legislation that was pending at the time. They offered a pair of new blend samplers after the show:

Coleccion No. 1 is a sampler box of eight robustos, each from a different brand: Archimedes, Pythagoras, Socrates, Aristoteles, La Democracia, Onassis, Centauro and Ciclope. It retails for $60.

Coleccion No. 2 contains eight different varieties of Curivari branded robustos: Curivari Epitome, Virtudes, Gran Reserva, Grand Cru, Anniversario 1997, Vintage, Sun Grown and Sun Grown Maduro. This one retails for $77.

Socrates and the two sungrowns seem to be the ones most retailers carry today. I remember seeing Pythagoras and Aristotelese at some point. I sent them an email asking a bunch of questions about their blends. I think my chances of receiving a response is approximately ZERO. As long as they keep making great cigars...we good.(y)

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I’ve been a fan for about ten years now, seems like they’ve always been an underrated brand. I noticed that started gaining some popularity a couple of years ago and star getting harder to find.

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Great list you got there Dave! It's nearly impossible to find all that info.
I wish there was someway to find a complete list of all their smokes.
The BV, Cafe Noir, and Archimedes are my favs!
They are really good about replying and answering questions on Twitter and Instagram.
They also always reply and say thank you when I tag them in a post. One of few companies that does that which says a lot.

Thebutcher

testing testing.....is this thing on?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found them

HERE

None of my usual suppliers had them listed ,I had to do a search to find them.

I have never used this suppler so I know nothing about them. Thay had Archimedes listed

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I found them

HERE

None of my usual suppliers had them listed ,I had to do a search to find them.

I have never used this suppler so I know nothing about them. Thay had Archimedes listed
That is related to JR Cigars I believe. The contact address is in the same shopping center as JR's warehouse and shop in Burlington, NC.

Edit:
When I put it in Google Maps JR Cigars' outlet store actually popped up.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I feel like an idiot. I've been looking on-line for Buenaventura cigars for quite a while. I didn't know they were made by a company named Curivari. I looked them up under that name and there they were. Time to order some. Thanks.