What's new

Cusano 1997 Corojo Robusto

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Cusano 1997 Corojo Robusto

I've had this cigar sitting in my humidor for about a month. I wasn't sure if I'd have time to really enjoy a cigar so I chose the Cusano 1997 Corojo Robusto. They are inexpensive cigars that are usually well constructed and pleasant flavor profile. I'm also a fan of the Cusano 18 Robusto.

The cigar was well constructed but maybe just a bit under-filled as the draw was a bit easier than I like. The burn was even and the ash clung to cigar needing a firm shake to be unlodged. Which is nice since I don't really care for pants full of ash. One thing I appreciate about these spicier wrappers is the pleasant aroma of the smoke. The cigar was medium-bodied with a spicy cedar undertone. The Corojo wrapper with the Mexican Sumatra binder is a pleasing combination.

Unfortunately I was unable to smoke it as long as I like as I was needed elsewhere but I get the feeling I would have smoked the cigar down past the band. The flavor was consistent from start to finish a cedar and leather flavors finished off my evening meal nicely. I'll give this cigar a 7 out of 10.