What's new

Custom Goalie Helmet

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Did somebody else in the NHL have a similar helmet? Maybe Ryan Miller in the Olympics? I can't remember
I don't recall Miller's Olympic lids, but this one is one-of-a kind. My kid originally wanted Mount Rushmore, but the layout was giving the artist fits. So we stuck with the USA theme and did it with Uncle Sam and Lady Liberty. Now it just sits on his shelf...he's really into music and his band now. Oh well.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Well I'll be a son of a...that bastard Miller stole my kid's concept! :ROFLMAO:

I just Googled "Uncle Sam" and got a bunch of hits with him rolling up his sleeve. That's where the artist got his inspiration. I feel kind of cheated now...that lid wasn't cheap man!! :shifty:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's 17 (HS senior). He was on some putrid teams the past few years. Tired of getting shellacked 12-0 or worse at tourneys with virtually no help in front of him. He could always have done something better as a goalie, but more often than not his idiot teammates would blame him...hello, some goal support would be nice!! :rolleyes:
That's too bad. I feel terrible for goalies that don't get support in front of them. It's double bad watching as a parent. Tough to watch them get hung out. Good to hear he's enjoying the music stuff. Great thing about hockey, can start playing adult league if he gets the bug & you keep his gear. Goalies are a premium.

My boy played between the pipes as a 10U, long enough to buy gear(full Brian's set up, plus a painted carbon mask) but missed skating out and that was that. Now seems he has played D forever. He's a defensive defenseman, a goalies dream. Almost to a fault, wish he'd pinch & break out more. My girl plays D on her boys team, but center on her girls team.

Like 8-9 years ago....

Now....

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
you guys are right ive seen it a million times the d sucks and they just want to piss an moan at the goalie.... Its tough as an adult but really rough as a kid