What's new

CUSTOM ROLL REVIEW: Hamlet Salamones

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

This Hamlet Salamone was rolled 2 years ago using 4 year old tobacco. Hamlet describes it as aromatic, mediumto full bodied with lots of surprises. I haven't had one of these for awhile so I figured today is as good of a day as any.

The construction on this is impeccible. The work of a maestro. Solid throughout the cigar. No soft spots.

The wrapper is a nice golden, leathery colorado brown. Smooth to the touch. No veins. Like touching velvet.

The aroma coming off the wrapper is pure chocolate, cream, cedar and a hint of vanilla.

A quick snap of my palio gets this cigar ready to be fired up. The draw is sublime. These were rolled using the old school entubar method. It really contributes to a great draw, particularly in the more difficult vitolas to roll.

Cold draw reveals gingerbread, sweetness, cedar, cocoa and cream. I am getting EXCITED!!!!!!

Time to take this to the flame.....

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

A cornucopia of flavours hit me like a bombing squadron!!!! Spice, chocolate, creaminess, some grassiness, earth, dried fruit, all rolled up into a few initial puffs It's like a Cohiba got it on with a RA and produced a Salamones. LOL

This is a medium bodied cigar so far. The smoke itself is very aromatic. Graceful and elegant.

The Salamone is a joy to smoke, draw wise. Nice and easy with billows of smoke coming out of both ends. Here comes the Sanchez Choo Choo Train. LOL

The burn is razor sharp and the ash is holding in very well. Seems like a very dense ash. The colour of the ash is a "dirty' white.

There is a nice weight to this cigar. Feels like a cigar you would smoke if you won a world championship.

The dried fruit, dark sugar, chocolate, cream and nut flavours are really working for me. It's like smoking a fruit nut bar.

The occasion blast of earth, coffee, spice and hazelnut come in and out of play to kep things interesting. Lots of change ups throughout the first third. Keeps me on my toes and guessing what will come next.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

As I start the 2nd third, all I can think about is coffee crisp and a caramilk bar. Loads of coffee, milk chocolate, vanilla wafers, and caramel. I am officially craving a cappucino. LOL

The burn line continues to do its thing and stays true. The ash held on and is solidwhen it drops away.

The strength is picking up. Moving from medium to medium full. More of a gentle, subtle nudge sort of way vs. an 'in your face' sudden blamo whammo way. very nice. Like slowing cranking it out in your car. You know the power is there, you just choose not to flex it.

Dried fruit is back, along with burnt sugar, like on the top of a fantastic creme brulee. The creaminess flavour just adds to the delciousness. Bliss!!!!! I like this see saw flavour effect.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Now, the party is in full effect. The strength has come up a notch. The familar cuban twang is out in full effect. Here come the drums!!!! More cowbell please!!!!!!

This is sooooo reminding me of a well made Cohiba. Grassy, creamy,leather, expresso, vanilla, a touch of oolong tea and a dollop of honey sweetness. MMMMmmmm......

Some floral notes are intermixed once in awhile. It pops up with the dried fruit, chocolate, nutty combination. Just loving the changes throughout the cigar.

The end brings a heavy dose of expresso, cocoa, cedar, leather and honey. What an ending!!!!!

Overall, a marvelous experience. This is a great example of what a top notch maestro roller can do with first class, quality tobacco.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
This was the review I've been waiting for, Art, extremely well done.

I'm waiting for my little one to be born before I even try mine, heh.

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Congratulations also, based on Art's review you won't be disappointed with your celebratory smoke!

Amazing review! WHY CAN'T THESE BE A REGULAR RELEASE?!?!!? Gahhh, I'm drooling!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great review Art. The Hamlet Salomone is one of my best smokes ever. I brought one down to Mexico this past April and was just stunned. Smooth, delicious, flavours. The cigar took all kinds of twists and turns. I picked up hints of Cohiba, Montecristo, RyJ and even Ramon Allones throughout the cigar. Two plus hours of smoking bliss.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After having one for my birthday last week, I echo many of Art's comments. Definitely a great smoke to get your hands on if you can.