What's new

Cutter Question

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

I am a new member. I have a few cutters (Xikar, Zino, Avo Bullet), I wanted to know if anyone here has experienced a problem with the Avo bullet cutter, and if so how they returned the cutter. My blade is getting stuck. Also which SAK model is the best?

Thanks.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I use a bullet cutter on occasion - but not sure what you mean by your blade getting stuck.

I've got an SAK similiar to THIS ONE and find it cuts very precise.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks,

I have always been partial to double blades, like xikar but I have been reading a few positive reviews of the SAK that you posted. I think I will try my first scissor cutter. How reliable is it over time?

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
From what I've heard, there's not a sharper cutter out there than the SAK. That being said, my Xikar and Palio work flawless and both have lifetime guarantees.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I've had my SAK for 5 years ... no problems. Wenger knives also have a lifetime warranty.

I did check out the Avo cutter and see how it could get stuck. Maybe tobacco pieces inside? Try contacting the shop where you purchased.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Sak is the sharpest. A bit bulky, but gives a great cut.

Palio gives a great cut. Its a little less bulky and easier to use.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I have the SAK, Xikar and Palio. Love em all but the SAK is the best.

Broadway Joe

Formerly Havana Joe
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I just can't wait to compare it to my Xikar....Everyone has their own preference, I just can't wait to see which cutter I'd prefer.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys,

I received my SAK yesterday. I cut a few cigars with it and I have to say that I was overly impressed with the cut. I think that the Zino, or Xikar provide a better cut (have yet to try a Palio). I'm not bashing the SAK, but I thought it would have provided a better cut.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
... I cut a few cigars with it and I have to say that I was overly impressed with the cut. I think that the Zino, or Xikar provide a better cut (have yet to try a Palio)...
Uh, I think you omitted a crucial "not" between "was" and "overly.":agreeclen

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Hey Guys,

I received my SAK yesterday. I cut a few cigars with it and I have to say that I was overly impressed with the cut. I think that the Zino, or Xikar provide a better cut (have yet to try a Palio). I'm not bashing the SAK, but I thought it would have provided a better cut.
It takes a little practice. They are sharp little devils. I have a Zino and found that SAK blew it away. Oh well. Keep practicing.