What's new

Cutter Question

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On another note, I am getting my Avo replaced by my local cigar dealer, but he told me that he will no longer be able to replace any future cutters, even though Avo provides a lifetime warranty.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I agree with Chuck the thing is damn sharp.. I have a finger that can attest to that fact.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I have a Xikar, but my father has the palio. I personally think the Palio is a better cutter since it has a much finer blade. Not sure which one is better for the long haul, but I perfer the Palio's cut. It is going to be the next cutter I purchase.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
For me the SAK seemed to pinch the cigars. Short Story, Padron Anniv. 1926
Wow....well by the sound of it, either something is wrong with the cutter, so something is wrong in the way you're using it. My SAK is dangerously sharp and accurate, making pristine cuts my other cutters can't even THINK about making. And no, mine doesn't pinch the cigars, either.

<shrug>

I dunno what to tell you. :scratchhe

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to have to try it with another SAK, I have been cutting cigars for many years. Would everyone here agree that the Wenger is the best SAK to purchase?

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
i think so...

like chuck said, you need a quick decisive cut. I have also found that rotating the cutter around the cap as I'm cutting helps. When i've used it, it's gone through like cutter, razor sharp cut everytime!

(granted the only time i've used one is when someone else had one ata herf!)

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I just got a bullet cutter 2 days ago with a humidor on craigslist. So far I really like the style cut it provides. I can see that it's really only good for larger ring gauges, but I'm not sure, it may be my favorite right now. Other than that, my Xikar is sweet.