What's new

Cutter

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I love my xikar V... I go with that first, nearly 100% of the time. Yes, even on torpedos. If the draw is too tight, I switch to the Xi3.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Cuban Crafters custom that I love for straight cuts. But I'm also really good at leaving it at home so I typically end up using one of those cheap $5 ones that somehow are always around when I need them.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I have been curious about this too and the opinions here are good to hear. I need to come over the boarder to get one cause I have no been able to find Palio or xikar anywhere over here which sucks huge. I have the same cutter as the very first post and have been using it for years just start to wear a little.

Sent from my Tapatalk 2 using iPhone. Bahahahaha ass backwards.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I love my xikar V... I go with that first, nearly 100% of the time. Yes, even on torpedos. If the draw is too tight, I switch to the Xi3.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
I've been pumped on my xicar v-cut also. Was skeptical about it's performance on torpedos & belis, but it's actually quite nice.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have been curious about this too and the opinions here are good to hear. I need to come over the boarder to get one cause I have no been able to find Palio or xikar anywhere over here which sucks huge. I have the same cutter as the very first post and have been using it for years just start to wear a little.

Sent from my Tapatalk 2 using iPhone. Bahahahaha ass backwards.
Ya bro that what I am saying. My Free cutter has worked for my for a long time but it is not cutting it anymore (lol get it). That why I was asking for advice. And thanks to a generous brother I got this. I still want to get a Palio just so I have more than one.

But I love this cutter what a huge difference. And I like to looks of this one. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371686510.849156.jpg

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i say xikar x8. I originally got it for the rare times I need to cut a big ring gauge, and the palio is too small.

Ever since I got it, I use it 95% of the time. It's a bit sharper and less cumbersome.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Personally, I never like the feel of the teardrop-shaped cutters in my hand, but I'm a big fan of the Xikar X8 line.

They seem to maintain a smoother action than the Palios I've owned (the tracks in both my Palios started feeling gummy over time, and not for lack of cleaning - plastic on the tracks is pretty soft and seems to get kinda rubbery over time).

But at any rate, just like lighters, if you're gonna stick with the hobby, you definitely want to get something with a lifetime warranty - these things wear out quick!
Wondering if u keep that Palio in your car with all the heat in it? Might have something to do with binding tracks on the cutter? I never got why people call a Palio cheap plastic when the blades are self sharpening stainless steel...... Also try resting a lit cigar on most xikars. It's been 5 years and maybe 1500 cigars on one Palio and another 500 or so on another I own. The Xikar stays in the golf bag which is used 10 x a year if that. Should of been multy quotes in there before I responded. Not nearly directed at you Maximus.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I actually just made a purchase on ebay as my old little cutter had seen its last days and wasn't clean cutting my cigars anymore. I found on ebay a Xikar X2i for $35 so I jumped on it I know the debate between Xikar and Palio is a never ending one but for the price I couldn't turn it down. Once I receive it and give it a few test runs I will most definitely let everyone know how they are.

Cheers,
JM

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Xikar has some nice folding scissors, but as said previously the scissors do take some getting used to. They also have some other good tools on them. Lighter bleeder/cigar poker. Small screwdriver, bottle opener, and a divot tool. Would recommend trying them before you get some tho. They can work really well, but definitely not the cutter for everyone. Believe they call it a xikar multi tool.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Palio cutter as well as SEVERAL Xikar cutters. I have always prefered my Xikar.

I would suggest investing in a quality cutter. It does nothing except enhance your smoking experience.

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Cuban crafters perfect cutter for knock around and keep in the truck. They're cheap to replace.
Palio for home and are unsurpassed in quality.