What's new

D4 Riservas

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
According to Suckling these are running 900 for a box of 20 in Cuba, so around 45 a stick for a robusto. I was really interested in these, and I thought they would have been nice at around 500 for the box. Looks like pricing on these is around the same as the Colleccion Habanos books. Im still gonna pick up a few singles, but not a box like I was planning. These are pricey.....

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Initial reports are that this cigar is VERY VERY good. Let's hope that the price is a lot less than that!!*fingers crossed

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
these are the ones made from 5 year old tobbacco???
very pricey for new/young smokes...5 years isnt that much age and a certain amount of time would still be required before smoking.

pass on these...is this el/reserva/released only in germany/ad naseum getting a little old or is it just me.i dont/havnt gotten very excited about any of these limited cigars...now i do get excited about opening a box from the 90's tho.

derrek O:)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reserva is 3 year old tobacco. The Gran Reserva is the 5 year old tobacco, if memory serves.
This is specially selected tobacco from the cream of the crop. Not just D4's aged for 3-5 years. Limited number of boxes (5000?) will make them hard to find. I don't imagine these will be advertised. LCDH's will probably only have a few dozen boxes.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Yea $900 seems a little steep. I'd still get a couple singles. It seems do-able around the $400-$500 mark.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sheik Ur Bootie said:
The reserva is 3 year old tobacco. The Gran Reserva is the 5 year old tobacco, if memory serves.
This is specially selected tobacco from the cream of the crop. Not just D4's aged for 3-5 years. Limited number of boxes (5000?) will make them hard to find. I don't imagine these will be advertised. LCDH's will probably only have a few dozen boxes.

There is no such thing as the Gran Reserva. Only the reservas-three year old aged like the Cohiba SRs. At 5,000 boxes and at the price set forth above, there'll be plenty of these available. Remember, there were only 500 "Books" produced in each of those runs. These'll be hot at the start and then we'll see the prices come down just like the Cohiba SRs which originally sold for $700.00.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mcgoospot said:
There is no such thing as the Gran Reserva. Only the reservas-three year old aged like the Cohiba SRs. At 5,000 boxes and at the price set forth above, there'll be plenty of these available. Remember, there were only 500 "Books" produced in each of those runs. These'll be hot at the start and then we'll see the prices come down just like the Cohiba SRs which originally sold for $700.00.
The Gran Reserva's were mentioned in Cigar Magazine page 68-69 Winter 2004-2005 issue.

"The Gran Reserva is still in the design stage, so to speak. ..... It's too early to forecast the release date for the first Gran Reservas with any certainty, but it could be in the fall of 2005." Simon Chase

MoTheMan

A herfin' herf.
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
dvickery said:
these are the ones made from 5 year old tobbacco???
very pricey for new/young smokes...5 years isnt that much age and a certain amount of time would still be required before smoking.

derrek O:)
I hear you. At that price, even 5 years of age won't be enough.
:smt065

Good to see you again dvickery, mcgoospot.

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Echeck said:
According to Suckling these are running 900 for a box of 20 in Cuba, so around 45 a stick for a robusto. I was really interested in these, and I thought they would have been nice at around 500 for the box. Looks like pricing on these is around the same as the Colleccion Habanos books. Im still gonna pick up a few singles, but not a box like I was planning. These are pricey.....
First off, why do you even care what Suckling thinks or says. It's in the best interest of those folks to spread rumors and put down cuban cigars.

Cuban cigar makers don't pay any ad money to CA. CA uses every opportunity to put down cubans and build up the domestic producers. So if they can spread rumors about higher prices they will. I think I'll withold my opinion until actual release.

Also check out the recent ratings for some sticks, ie: Cohiba DC EL rated 86 LMAO

Coppertop

Hi Ya Fellas
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
stogies&hoagies said:
First off, why do you even care what Suckling thinks or says. It's in the best interest of those folks to spread rumors and put down cuban cigars.

Cuban cigar makers don't pay any ad money to CA. CA uses every opportunity to put down cubans and build up the domestic producers. So if they can spread rumors about higher prices they will. I think I'll withold my opinion until actual release.

Also check out the recent ratings for some sticks, ie: Cohiba DC EL rated 86 LMAO
WORD

I wouldn't pay $900 bucks for a box of 20 of any cigar. Thats friggin ludacris. IMHO If you can, hey cool, but to me thats just way to much. I would do $500, but thats pushing it.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
stogies&hoagies said:

I have to agree with you totally. Shocking that the Cohiba DC EL even rated that high. Its such an overated stick!! Maybe given time it will come around but who knows!! :smt037

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Latest news on this, from a vendor.

Lastest news from Havana !
Just coming back from a short trip to Havana we have the lastest information on some of the "hot" smokes. The cigar everybody is talking about on the island is the new Partagas Series D No.4 Reserva (see below). Actually I had the pleasure of smoking some more of these "old style" Partagas during the Habanos Festival last week. Still not out on the market very few sticks were circulating around the crowd of connaisseurs. To be very honest I think this cigar comes very close to the classic Series D No.4 - just now it is FAR more expensive. The standart model is the light weight but this Reserva release blows you off your socks. Almost certainly it has a lot of potential for aging withing the next decades. The extremly rich and powerful cigar with dark and oily (!) wrappers will be available on the market soon - rumors say they reach all markets at the same moment to avoid grey market sales. The shipment is supposed to leave Havana by mid of April - and the price on a box of 20 cigars will be above 1000 USD. Thats what it say on the streets of Havana.

Partagás Series P No.2
The new STANDART model is due out within the next days. The world wide demand on a Partagás Piramid lead Habanos S.A. to the decision to make these beloved cigars commonly available to the market. Prices shall be as Monte 2 !!

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
You gotta hand it to the marketing department. They create all the must have "LE" cigars, put them up at outrageous prices, and laugh all the way to the bank.

Dammit, that just pisses me off, Like the Cohiba Sublime, if we all just hold off for 6 months to a year, the price will drop a couple of hundred dollars. Worth it? Probably not, but you know you'll try to get your hands on a couple of 'em anyway. I know I will, and that pisses me off even more. I'm the perfect sucker these guys are looking for.

Thanks for the update mr.c

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
mr.c said:
Partagás Series P No.2
The new STANDART model is due out within the next days. The world wide demand on a Partagás Piramid lead Habanos S.A. to the decision to make these beloved cigars commonly available to the market. Prices shall be as Monte 2 !![/B]
These are what I'm looking forward to more. However, I'm going to go out on a limb now and say that demand will not keep these around the MC#2 price level.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given that the price of a box of DCs in Cuba is only $220, why would anyone pay this other than bragging rights. I don't get it.

LasciviousXXX

One Bad M.F.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well, a lot of guys like to get the latest and greatest as soon as they can. Its a status symbol. Hell, if I had the disposable income I'd be doing the same thing. However I think I'd just get the EL's for long-term aging and just buy regular production sticks for everyday smokin'

That being said, I can't wait for the SP2's :D

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sheik Ur Bootie said:
The Gran Reserva's were mentioned in Cigar Magazine page 68-69 Winter 2004-2005 issue.

"The Gran Reserva is still in the design stage, so to speak. ..... It's too early to forecast the release date for the first Gran Reservas with any certainty, but it could be in the fall of 2005." Simon Chase
I should also mention that the author, Simon Chase, is Hunters & Frankau Marketing Director. It's safe to say that the Gran Reservas will happen. In the article he mentions walking amongst bales of aging tobacco in a warehouse in Havana. He writes that it was a sight to behold and a rarity in the Cuban cigar world.