What's new

Damaged cigars

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have bought cigars from this source several times over the last few years and have never had an issue with shipping times or authenticity. However, in each box seems to be one damaged cigar. Last year I got a Cohiba Siglo VI that was crushed in the middle and this month I got a box of RASS that has what seems like a razor slit in one of them. My question is whether this happens to anyone else? Is it the price of shipping cigars or should I use someone else?

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
I've had one or two cigars out of about 20 boxes messed up but not too bad more just cracked foot kind of thing. Do you have them inspect your boxes before shipping?

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
This is relatively normal, though I tend to notice more cracked feet than anything. Buy some cigar glue and save them if you can. They are getting shipped around the world more than once before the get to you. It happens.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Yeah, if the box smokes fine, I'd consider it a cost of doing business. I've had a few cracked feet here or there, but rarely anything a little dab of cigar glue (or just a good light and smoke) couldn't fix.

In the two cases where I had multiple damaged sticks, the vendor replaced them with my next order.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I had a box of ERDM Choix Supreme and one of them had the razor blade looking slit down it. I personally didn't feel it was worth the time or effort to swap the box but it's definitely worth an email to the vendor. Just let them know what happened and if it was their fault they need to know so it doesn't happen again.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks for the info. I will email the vendor and let him know. Its not worth the trouble to switch boxes, but it will bring it to his attention the next time I order. I have never had them inspect the boxes before being shipped but thats another good point for the email.