What's new

Damn C-Bid

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Something made me go there... I didn't have the powere to resist

I did however win 2 auctions of me new fav cigar

Romeo y Julieta Reserve Maduro #4 - 2 - 5 packs to be exact, can't wait to get 'em...
If no one else has tried this cigar I highly recommend it

Reviewed by: MrChef
Date: September 2005
Notes:
Romeo y Julieta is not one of my favorite lines, yet it seems every time I smoke one lately it's better than the one before and this baby was no exception. In fact I'd easily put this cigar in the top 25 cigars I've ever smoked, it was that good.

It's just a short little guy that lasted about 20 minutes but what a great 20 minutes it was.

The construction is solid as a rock. The maduro wrapper black as night. The draw was perfect, the burn was perfect, the ash was perfect and the flavor was you guessed it....perfect. It was rich and hearty with tastes of dirt and leather. This is not a cigar for beginners or sissy boys. This is a man's cigar and I really like them. If you get a chance pick some up, they are worth having around.

BilltheCat

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cigar Bid will ruin you. I spent over 500 dollars there in a 2 month period and ended up with so many 'deal' cigars that never were what I wanted that I gave em away and stopped smoking for over a year.

Back now and will never go to that evil temptation spot again! 20 cigars in my boxes are plenty nowadays.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Cigar Bid will ruin you. I spent over 500 dollars there in a 2 month period and ended up with so many 'deal' cigars that never were what I wanted that I gave em away and stopped smoking for over a year.

Back now and will never go to that evil temptation spot again! 20 cigars in my boxes are plenty nowadays.

WOW!!! Glad your back Bill, staying away sounds like a very smart move. 20 cigars is a very sad number though.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I spent the better part of $100 there last night!
box of Onyx Reserve mini belis, box of Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Toros (maduro, and they're actually really good), and a 5-pack of connies (yeah, I know. But just a buck!).

TYLER

BilltheCat

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I agree a few more might be nice so they can age some. Maybe 50 more or so?:innocent:

and I probably will get a few more padrons, LGC, etc. I kept a few of the old ones I had. they are niiice now. but no cubanos anymore. just had two and the went to the bugs. lucky they were by themselves.

I am sure those Lusitania cubans would have been nice. *sigh*

architeuthis

I see what you're doing!!
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The only way I've been able to survive visits to CBid or JR Auction is to pick ONLY the cigars I really want to buy, and then use the Comparison Shopper at CigarEncyclopedia to determine the lowest available price. Then bid no more than 75% of that lowest price. Doing this I lose most of my bids, but what I win is at a really good price. Also I find CBid to have a few quality issues; cigars sometimes arriving very dried out usually. That's mostly with the 5-packs not boxes though.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I spent the better part of $100 there last night!
box of Onyx Reserve mini belis, box of Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Toros (maduro, and they're actually really good), and a 5-pack of connies (yeah, I know. But just a buck!).

TYLER
used to smoke super fuertes all the time. Not a bad cigar.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
i've recently scored some of the 1993 vintage cuba aliados petit cetros, both in the natural and maduro, at a great price. and they're very scarce.... an excellent quick smoke!!

jeff

MithShrike

Yerba mate for life.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
20 cigars is a very sad number though.
Not everyone smokes every day. I smoke on average once a week. Some weeks I feel like smoking, others not. This includes pipe and cigars for me. Not an addict, just like the flavor. Although lately I can't smoke my pipe, just too harsh.

I buy... about 3 boxes worth a year.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Don't even need your CC more than once! Cbid saves it, so you just have to click one little button! It's like you're not even buying anything at all!

TYLER

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Don't even need your CC more than once! Cbid saves it, so you just have to click one little button! It's like you're not even buying anything at all!

TYLER

Yup, even worse cause you distance yourself from the actual money going from your hand to buying cigars. Ebay was super smart to buy ** like they did. Now virtually everyone selling on Ebay uses their own credit card processing company (**) and makes another couple percentage points in the process.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
shoot, I cancelled my account there last week. Too many "accidental" wins.

Another good idea :guitar: . I almost "accidentally" won a few bids this week from Famous auction side of their site. Everything I bid on has already beaten. I do not plan of going back to "look" for a while.