What's new

DAMN YOU FSS and your "5er Frenzy"!

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Yeah, so I shook off the Cbid bug...and exorcised the Cigar Auctioneer demon.....

I was crusin' along nice and smooth with a few "rare" purchases here and there....... then I win the Avallo. BAM! I'm thinkin' "hey, it'll be almost empty! Even when I transfer over the 2 coolers! I'd better start stockin'!!!"

Then I hear DWSC and Today's Cigar.... cool ...let's look...Oh! Oliva "G" Maduros! Cool....order 2 5ers.

So, there's the FSS catalog...in the "reading room" and I start lookin'... 5er Frenzy.....those are good...and those..and thoseandthoseandthose...

2 5er Oliva"G" package
and
5 SP DM
5 Camacho Corojo
5 Torano 1959
5 Perdomo Lot 23
5 Punch Champions

later and I just HAD to order the box of LGD Cubanos today.....

Now I'm catching myself checking out 5er's everywhere! Getting in touch with my "inner NC" again.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Last several nights I've enjoyed a Padron '26, Padron '64, VSG Robusto and a LGD Cubano.

You're right there are some very good NCs out there. Not a big fan of younger broadleaf (don't take to the metallic taste), but after these sit for several months.... very nice. Nice safety net.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
I smoked one of my AVO Domaines that lost themselves in one of my coolers last week... about a year old....VERY Nice. Think I'll pick up another box soon...:innocent:

Anyone try the Lot 23s yet? Had to pick up some, they've gotten good press.....

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I have, Not Perdomo's best cigar, but a good solid smoke. Smooth draw and even burn. Good taste until the end, got a bit bitter. Still a good smoke though, but that is Perdomo for ya, I've never had a bad one yet.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I smoked one of my AVO Domaines that lost themselves in one of my coolers last week... about a year old....VERY Nice. Think I'll pick up another box soon...:innocent:

Anyone try the Lot 23s yet? Had to pick up some, they've gotten good press.....
I have.

Tasted kinda weird.

That Lot 23 was a strange cigar. It was a little harsh and dry tasting but the flavor was a creamy fuity flavor...almost like a mixed fruit smoothie.

Weird.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
No. I've found the AVO Classic Series to be pretty mild. They have a good flavor, just mild. The Domaine Series is more full bodied and more full flavored.

As a side note on the AVO brand, I was told by a B&M owner once that the darker the band, the fuller the flavor. Either by design or influence, I've found that to be pretty much true.