Davidoff at the drive in

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Davidoff Grand Cru #2

5 5/8 x 43
Natural wrapper

This is a quick review of a cigar that I smoked last night at the drive in.

I have had this thing for a long time, a couple of years in fact.
As with every Davidoff the construction was perfect and the wrapper was smooth as glass.

I cut it open with my trusty el cheapo havana cutter and that went very smooth, with no crumble or rough edges.

I took a pre light draw and it was unobstructed.

When I got to the drive in and settled in I fired this thing up and wow was I suprised by the smoke. Since I was in a public place I was trying to be low key about it, not drawing attention to myself. But that was not going to work , with every puff huge clouds of smoke bellowed from me and this cigar.

The taste was great, smooth and mellow but not bland. A great taste all the way until.....

With about an inch an 3/4 or so it went out. It was from me talking to my wife and not paying attention to the cigar.
When I relit it it had a taste that just about ruined the experience for me but I pitched it right away and took a big drink of water and the experience was saved.

I loved it, but the only other Davi is the box is a Milli robusto that I am saving.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Before my transformation the Gran Cru No. 2 was my go to smoke. It was my old reliable so to say. I haven't had one since maybe November. I know that if I am ever without smokes and have to go the B&M this will be my cigar of choice.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm amazed you can still smoke in a drive in..I'm amazed that there is still a drive in to smoke in!...and since when does Star Wars have anything to do with being American? I happen to like the films a lot, but they are largely made overseas with foreign crews....(except of course the high level talent).

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Who here saw the first movie..The first time around? I was 11 and went, by myself, rather late in the summer...after the lines died down. I also saw Jaws the first time round, I was nine and my parents let me go by myself...Could you imagine doing that today? Hell, I went alone to the movies even before that ...I think....

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
This has been the only Star Wars movie I have seen start to finish.
They just do not interest me.

I remember the good old days...back in the late 70's early 80's...when you could send a kid to a movie by themself. My mom sent me many times.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
allanf said:
I was nine and my parents let me go by myself...Could you imagine doing that today? Hell, I went alone to the movies even before that ...I think....
Different times completely huh?

I was 12, and I went with my future brother in law. Opening weekend, what a great movie. Some stunning dialogue though.

"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." Ben Kenobi

"I'm Luke Skywalker and I'm here to rescue you!"

"Would somebody get this walking carpet out of my way!" Princess Leia

"OAOEOEOAOEEOOOAO" Chewbaca