What's new

Davidoff cigars, so you smoke them?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've only recently developed a taste for the Davidoff profile. There's definitely a ton of nuance at play with their sticks, but you've got to be on your game to pick them up. The Davidoff Nicaraguan is absolutely brilliant though, definitely the most unique out of their line, at least in my opinion. The Year of the Snake and the Year of the Horse are some of their best work, but they can be a bit tough to get your hands on.

Their price points are definitely a bit steep, but after visiting their factory it's understandable. Their quality control is unparalleled.

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I love Davidoff, esp. the Puro D'or. They're not the most tasty stick, especially at their price point. But they are, by far, the most consistent cigar I've ever smoked. I know exactly what to expect when I have one and have not been disappointed. I've never had a burn issue or an issue with a Davi being plugged. The flavor profile is the same with each cigar I have. I am most definitely a Davi Whore.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
The few Davidoff products I've had have been a little too mild for my taste. There are still a few I want to try, but with so many other great options I haven't gotten around to it.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I think it's the reputation for being a mild stick, combined with the price. Most people want "bank for buck" and with the current trends, that usually equates to more flavor, not necessarily higher quality flavor or most nuance. The concept of paying more for nuance is lost on the majority.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I think it's the reputation for being a mild stick, combined with the price. Most people want "bank for buck" and with the current trends, that usually equates to more flavor, not necessarily higher quality flavor or most nuance. The concept of paying more for nuance is lost on the majority.
I honestly didnt know they had this reputation. Havent done much looking into them. I just thought the three I picked turned out to be a little harder to identify flavors. This is good to know for the next one I try. It'll be a first cigar in the rotation then. Thank you for the knowledge.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
They just put gigantic displays in both humis of B/Ms I frequent. Really dislike them.
Interesting. Do you have pictures? We've got one of those big displays coming to our store, but I never saw the mock-up. What exactly did you dislike about it?
No, but I can get some Thursday or Friday if you would like. It's pretty massive, but it looks like an airport/cosmetic display more than something that should be in a humidor. It stands out, and the lighting is nice, but it doesn't fit the walkin it is in at either location. At the tinderbox, which is way overpacked as it stands, it makes it nearly impossible to get by the small aisle if someone is standing there, and the commitment to shelf space has to be absurd. I assume the Tinderbox makes a good cut on Davidoff to warrant what they keep, but I can't say I see a ton of purchases (RP/Gurkha/Monte NC have to do more business) so I'm not a fan.

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I would love to have some, but the thirty dollar price tag is difficult.
Outside of the Limited Editions you will find a majority of Davidoff Cigars are under $20, take away Churchill and Double R type sizes and you'll find most are under $15.
Which was what I was thinking. So in reality, liga prices or even lower. I'll have to pick up a few.

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
So I got to thinking, I never really see many guys smoking Davidoff stuff. I got to wondering why. I've only had a few, and to be honest I've been unimpressed... To me they seem kind of one note and flat. Now that could all be me! I did have one of the Davidoff second private stock long fillers and actually enjoyed it! Go figure! Guess I'm just wondering if anyone out there enjoys them, and if they could recommend a certain cigar in there line to try. I've had the Nicaraguan one and I liked that, I'm more curious about their other lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
You just summed up Davidoff for me. In my experience, unimpressive. Others like them and that's great, just not in my wheelhouse.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a big fan of Davidoff at all, just far too light for my liking. Although, I definitely wouldn't turn down a shot at an ISOM Davidoff from waaaaaaay back.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I have tried many Davidoffs during the last several years (probably 5 or 6 different blends). I was not impressed with any considering the price point. However, my palate is not as refined as some. I know a couple of people whom I trust who say Davidoffs are the best mild/medium cigars one can buy outside Cuba. Those opinions keep me interested.

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
I was recently thinking about this exact topic. It crossed my mind because in the "Show me your latest purchase" thread I never see anyone posting pics of Davidoffs. Personally I'm not a big fan of them because of price/flavor. However, the members of one of my local shops go crazy when they get new inventory. A lot of the guys buy multiple boxes at a time on a regular basis. I have a few in my humi that were gifted to me and to be quite honest I usually just re-gift them. It's really quite interesting how some cigars can be regionalized. For example, In Texas Liga's are sold out in a matter of hours yet sit on the shelves in other states.