What's new

Davidoff Special "R" Tubo

Pulse

Bite me!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
So let me start by saying the I normally don't smoke these but my mom got it for me for xmas...sweet of her really. So, given that it was a gift from ma, I wanted to give it a fair try.

So, upon lighting this I noticed that it had a nice thick and large amount of smoke to it. Nice smooth draw and was very well constructed. Nothing really stood out taste wise to me, actually it was bit bland to be honest. But again, ma stepped up so I thought I should too and give this a fair try.

about 1/3 of the way down I didn't notice any change in taste (still blah/bland), however still think smoke and most obviously no ash drop or deformity.

1/2 way through and still no change to any of the above...bland taste, thick smoke....still no ash drop though....

Just after 1/2 way the ash finally dropped but it didn't break when it hit the ashtray from about 12" up....good example of great construction.

The second 1/2 was exactly like the first...bland/blah taste, thick smoke, and no ash drop. Never needed to touch it up at all. It burned evenly and consistently all the way through to the end. I even layed it down to it's death with the entire 2nd half ash still in tact.

So in summary:

Positive: Good construction, good draw, thick billowing smoke, solid ash (only 2 pieces in it's entirety!)
Not so positive: No flavor, bland/blah all the way through

Overall rating from Pulse 1 out of 5. I didn't like this cigar and would not get another, but that's just my opinion and taste.

If you like very mild bland smokes, then pick this one up. The construction is solid, it produces a great burn, and lots of smoke....