What's new

Davidoff Thousand Series #2000 - First smoke in two years!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! So here's my first smoke in two years, and a pretty noob-y review. This cigar was gifted to me by a good friend of mine, and I am so greatful for her sentiment- she knew it would be the first cigar I've smoked in two years! Hope you all enioy/can take something from this!

Cigar: Davidoff Thousand Series #2000
"Petite Corona" - 5 x 43

Pre-light smell: sweet ceder, pleasant, light mint

Start time: 11:50am
Cut: double guillotine

Pre-Light: moderate, loose draw.

1st: Spice, almonds, light roasted nuts, long finish, good full smoke output. Light pepper on retrohale. Light smoke body on tongue, but a solid medium in strength. Kinda buzzed. Superb construction, nice burn line, always equal. No harshness/bitterness.

2nd: Light spice, pepper mixes in with the cashew, roasted nuts. Steady in strength, perhaps a little stronger, really feeling the buzz! Overwhelming richness/strength on retrohale: honey, pepper, nuts. I can't handle all the depth! Draw and razor sharp burn line, and construction still wonderful. No harshnesss/bitter.

3rd: More nuts and light pepper/spice, steady strength, perhaps a bit full now, for me. Still long finsh. Fuller, thicker, smoke body.. More nutty, less pepper/spice.. Mellowed out.

A little youthful antics? Lol :innocent: :clap:

At this point I had to stop- the spice came back and I was really feeling the buzz again, so, my ass thoroughly kicked, I let the great cigar die out...

End Time: 12:55pm

After thoughts:
Having not smoked for two years, even if I smoked the cigar reasonably slow, it was evident my tolerance for the strength cigars had pretty much died out, Perhaps to other cigar smokers, this would be a light-medium at best, but for me it felt like I just had a full bodied maduro. Still, I am really happy and I really enjoyed it for what it brought to my palate; I just wished I wasn't so bothered by the strength - not the cigar's fault at all. Again, I'm so happy my friend got this particular cigar for me. One thing I've definitely learned is that the next time I smoke, it's going to be a very light bodied/strength cigar. Hopefully I can slowly work my up back to a maduro!

Last edited: