What's new

Davidoff

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I see very little discussion on the Davidoff brand here and was wondering why. I've seen them advertised in a lot of cigar catalogs and know they are pricey. Does anybody smoke these sticks? Aren't they worth the coin?:dunno:

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I personally think they are a bunch a coin for such a lite flavor smoke....even the Zino's do nothing for me. I hear the cuban Davidoff's are quite nice though....if you can find and afford them.

Rating - 98%
61   1   1
what does it work out to, 3 tats for 1 davidoff?

enough said, IMHO
Wow, didn't take long for someone to throw the Tat-math out there!

Though the reasoning is sound. IMO - They are a poor VALUE... meaning you aren't getting what you are paying for. Especially if you are looking for more flavor.

Just one of a million opinions...

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I like them, I won't dispute that they are pricey though.

I prefer the Millenium Blend because it is the fullest blend they offer.

I also like the Winston Churchill line, also pricey. They have a 5-pack tin they are now offering, the SpitFire - Winston Churchill blend with a Davidoff Millenium wrapper. It sells for $21.00 at my local B&M and it's a 4" x 38 cigar.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I think they have some of the best construction out there, that said I have never found one that I enjoyed. They have a very musty taste that I realy don't enjoy. I didn't make it half way through a winston churchill which I had high hopes for. I found the newest Avo LE to be one of the most complex cigars I have ever smoked but it still had the musty taste which brought it down quite a few points in my book. If the musty taste is something you enjoy or can get past then I would recomend them.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Loooooooooooooove Davidoffs. Lots of subtle flavors in there. The Mille series and Classic are a bit mild, but the Millenoums and Special series are awesome. and there Les... love 'em!

That said, other kelner freeks, there are a limited amount of colorado claro cigars coming out later this month or next, special series blend with an aged ec. conn wrapper. woot!

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
That said, other kelner freeks, there are a limited amount of colorado claro cigars coming out later this month or next, special series blend with an aged ec. conn wrapper. woot!
What where?

I'm a Grand Cru kind of guy... No.2s all day!

LE08s were a must as well... just can't enjoy them as much as other stuff out there.

But with that said, I'm a big Kelner fan!

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I don't care much for them, but have had me fair share. Now...that Tat math is another thing. I like Tatuajes, but they're NOT cheap either.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Love Davidoff blends too, but I shy away from the price except for special occasions... I was able to find a handfull of 3 or 4 year old Millenium lonsdales at $15 each? - I only ended up smoking one & gave/traded away the rest. Man they had nice yellow bands..

Avo 80th, Compenero, Specials, Milleniums, Winstons, etc... All very good.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
TedP, Davidoff's are very pricey, and can be a big pull for anyone. I personally buy them and put them to sleep. The sizes I typically go for are the 2000 and 3000, as they are two of my favorites. These cigars, in my opinion need to be aged, and smoked early in the day, first smoke works here. It is funny, I just recently finished my girlfriends 2000 the other night and forgot how fantastic these cigars are. Enjoy...

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I think they have some of the best construction out there, that said I have never found one that I enjoyed. They have a very musty taste that I realy don't enjoy. I didn't make it half way through a winston churchill which I had high hopes for. I found the newest Avo LE to be one of the most complex cigars I have ever smoked but it still had the musty taste which brought it down quite a few points in my book. If the musty taste is something you enjoy or can get past then I would recomend them.
I don't disagree with you there Aaron, some people call that the "Kelner Trademark"....it's also why alot of people don't like PG's, that musky flavor/taste that they seem to have.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I don't disagree with you there Aaron, some people call that the "Kelner Trademark"....it's also why alot of people don't like PG's, that musky flavor/taste that they seem to have.
I keep trying them as I love the construction but just out of my flavour profile. I can see why people enjoy them and this really shows how a cigar can be very good and still get mixed reviews from many experienced smokers.