What's new

Davidoff

usmcpurcell

Dutch
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Ok I have to know are Davidoffs worth the money I wanna try some but they are on the high end for my budget at the moment and if I'm going to buy a box I want to know if the few hundred dollars is worth it.

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Grab a 5er or a few singles before buying a whole box. More than likely you will enjoy them but its up to you to decide if they are worth the pricetag.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Okay every once in a while. There are plenty of cigars out there that are better in my opinion and cost much less.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
This is a taste issue - my experience not worth a box - good advice try a couple singles of various lines - many other brands for less that are finer cigars

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
If I want a med body and light to med strength cigar I'll pick up something other then a Davidoff. For about a third of the price. And from a island just south of Miami.
Edit: As a few others stated. Grab a few singles from the different lines and decide for yourself. (Not a huge Davi fan...)

Last edited:

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
As a Davi-whore, I'll be honest. There are much better sticks out there for the money in terms of being flavorful. But Davi's are the most consistant cigars I've ever had. I've never had a burn issue and while the flavor profile isn't the most astonishing, I know what to expect when I light one up each and every time. I have never been disappointed by a Davidoff. They age well and become very smooth with 2-5 years age on them.

If you are on a budget, I would advise against buying a box. Davi's can get very expensive. A box of Millenium Blends go for over $420. Before you buy a box of anything, buy a 5er first. I'd hate to see you spend that much money and not like them but then again, you can always send them to me! :stretchgr

For less money and better tasting cigars, I would go with either Perdomo Lot 23 or Oliva V.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Ok I have to know are Davidoffs worth the money
Short answer = No. They are a good cigar, but hardly worth the price they ask, IMO. Just like Dunhill pipes, Rolex watches, DuPont lighters, etc ... you pay a big premium for the name on the label.

I wanna try some but they are on the high end for my budget at the moment and if I'm going to buy a box I want to know if the few hundred dollars is worth it.
As was mentioned, try a few. Maybe buy one of the 9 or 12 stick assortment samplers. You might be able to snag one for a good price on CBid.

Also try the Private Stock (long-filler) brand. Many consider them to be Davidoff "seconds" and are very reasonably priced (around $3). Other brands made at the Davidoff factory include Avo, The Griffins and Zino. Prices on these are also more reasonable than Davidoff and are generally of the same quality (although the blends are different).

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Agree with the aging comment by EVP. I agree I have had Davidoff's with 5-6 years of age that i would pay more than MSRP for if I could get them. Had new ones and were disappointed. Buy a 5'er or a few sticks to try.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
A good cigar. As with anything the value is up to you. Nice light cigar

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only you can answer that question. For me they are worth it and I buy/stock several of them in boxes. Buy a few singles or 4-packs, and see if you like them.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Agree with everyone else here... try a few first.

Amazing how punctuation makes things much easier to read. :squinteye

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
they have a certain taint to them. not on my list. unless, you can find the ones produced in cuba............now THAT'S a different story altogether!!!

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
Davidoffs have always posed a problem for me. They are pretty to look at but I have had nothing but mediocre construction from them. I've smoked quite a few in the last two years, and the are in the middle of the pack when it comes to construction. I prefer the Griffins and Winston Churchills truthfully. But if you want something with more body and a much better price tag, buy Rodrigos (not trying to toot my horn or nothing, they are just waayyy better than anything Davidoff makes). William Ventura, the blender for Rodrigo, used to blend for Davidoff.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You are there only person I have heard that said that davidoff construction and consistency is anything but excellent. Being a rep for another company makes it suspect. If you are looking for more body, you probably aren't looking at davidoff in the first place. They tend to be mild to medium depending on the line.

Besides, more body doesn't necessarily make a better smoke. The op didn't ask for recommendations for cigars that are completely different from davifoffs that you happen to sell... A normal poster should try to stay on topic but as a rep, you should be even more careful.

As for davidoff, I enjoy their Millennium blend and the grand cru, but their regular line is a bit too mild for me. Definitely buy some before committing to a box. They have a signature flavor (earthiness) that is a bit polarizing.