What's new

Davidoff

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Special R is a goto premium for me. Consistently perfect construction and flavors. Never had a bad one. Quality control is stellar. And I am not a rep.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Love em... can't afford em.

The flavor profile is most likely not what you are used too. For me Davidoff construction and consistency is on par with Padron. They are light to medium strength, with a light earthy flavor. The Puro D Oro line is stronger and has less Of that taint that bob mentioned. If I would have bought a $400+ plus box, with out smoking one, I would have been bummed immediately. It took me a minute and some other Kelner blended cigars to begin appreciating Davidoff. Because of the price they are not a regular in my line up, but they are a nice treat here and there.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I am not at all a fan of the flavour profile of Davidoff's. I agree with Bob and the taint. I find it is entirely to do with Kelner. I dont seem to like anything he blends find some like Avo's don't have quite as much Taint as others but the Winston Churchills I think I only made it through a 1/4" before I had to toss it. While I was at a Davi dinner in NO a couple of years ago I smoked a lancero size that I did enjoy even if I won't be looking for more. I agree with the top notch quality of these cigars. While they aren't in my flavour profile I do think they are some of the best contructed smokes out there. Posted via Mobile Device

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
You are there only person I have heard that said that davidoff construction and consistency is anything but excellent. Being a rep for another company makes it suspect. If you are looking for more body, you probably aren't looking at davidoff in the first place. They tend to be mild to medium depending on the line.

Besides, more body doesn't necessarily make a better smoke. The op didn't ask for recommendations for cigars that are completely different from davifoffs that you happen to sell... A normal poster should try to stay on topic but as a rep, you should be even more careful.

As for davidoff, I enjoy their Millennium blend and the grand cru, but their regular line is a bit too mild for me. Definitely buy some before committing to a box. They have a signature flavor (earthiness) that is a bit polarizing.
Just cause I am a rep doesn't mean anything. Obviously you have never smoked a Rodrigo. Then you would know that there are similar qualities. That's is the reason I suggested it. I will keep my stance on Davidoff construction until they can prove to me that their construction can compete with the best in the biz. The flavor profile and strength are just fine for me when I smoke a Davidoff, but I prefer their other brands. I was just putting a suggestion out there if he wanted something a little more fuller in flavor. If he was to buy from a local B&M or online I am not making a dime from him so just cool your jets before coming to such bold conclusions.

If you want my takes on Davidoff then you should read my reviews that I wrote for my cigar review website. Or will you complain that I am promoting my website too?

Anyways, Paul Garmirian is the only quality stick I would pay that kind of money from Kelner and Diaz. The Symphony 20 is probably one the best cigars to come out in recent years.

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
Tmoney, on other threads that involved Davidoff, Rodrigos were recommended from non reps. Should they be chastised too? Just wondering. Or should everyone be suspect when recommending similar flavored cigars to Davidoff? You sound like a Davidoff rep. As a regular poster you should be careful who you label suspect.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All BS aside, they are pretty damned expensive to go throw your cash out on a whim... unless you can afford it, then I say by all means go any of them. But as you asked about Davidoff, specifically, there are a couple box worthy candidates you should try to see if they are of your liking. I personally love the Davidoff 2000, I usually just get the corona size as the larger size is too much for me to justify. I also like the Zino Platinum series, but the Zino Embassy would be a box buy if I had the cash. But, as was just recently suggested I agree about the PG 20th Symphony. I had ton of 'em from a PG event last year, and wouldn't think twice about getting another box over a Davidoff at the moment.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just cause I am a rep doesn't mean anything. Obviously you have never smoked a Rodrigo. Then you would know that there are similar qualities...
I am a regular Davidoff smoker (Special R, Anny #3, Puro d-Oro, LEs...) and I have tried a few Rodrigos. I'm sorry but I did not see any similarity, and, no offense, but the Rodrigos did not float my boat.

I have had a few construction issues with Davidoff over the years, but they (along with Padron), are probably the most consistently well-constructed cigars I have experienced.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Tmoney, on other threads that involved Davidoff, Rodrigos were recommended from non reps. Should they be chastised too? Just wondering. Or should everyone be suspect when recommending similar flavored cigars to Davidoff? You sound like a Davidoff rep. As a regular poster you should be careful who you label suspect.

sorry man but when a Rep comes in and bashes one cigar only to suggest his own, in the same sentence.....well yeah pretty dang suspect to me. Maybe state your point, send him a PM with a suggestion or even a sample. That would have made a fan of several guys. Now, it just sounds like back peddling. never had a Rodrigo, and unless someone gives me one.......

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I think I'm just going to do one of those sample boxes just to atleast give them a try.
That would be the best thing to do. Taste is entirely subjective so even if the majority of us on here werent a fan of a certain cigar that never means you shouldnt give it a shot yourself. Especially when it comes to a company like Davidoff who has some of the best quality control in the business.

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
AMSG, as a fellow product rep (different industry, very highly competitive), I find it disheartening to hear you attack a comeptitor. Rather than explain how your product is superior, you mention how your competitor's product is inferior. If you can't accenuate <sp?> your product's strengths, attack your opponents flaws? That's fine when your talking with your friends, but when trying to convince people to try your product, that's never a convincing arguement. People have a connection to stuff they buy and you never want to question their tastes.

Having never tried a Rodrigo, I can't honestly say if you're right or wrong. But if I was in a lounge and a cigar rep came in and started trashing a cigar that I just bought or was thinking about buying, I can promise you that I wouldn't give him any of my business and would probably ignore him the rest of the time they were there. However, if they said something like:

"That is a good cigar but if you try one of mine and compare it to Davidoff, I think you'll be pleasantly suprised at it's superior construction and flavor profile because of the care involved we use when selecting leaves."

Now, THAT would get my attention and most likely make me at least try your cigar. Don't get me wrong...I'm not trying to tell you how to do your job. I made the same mistake when I started out in my job until someone that's been in sales for 40+ years explained it to me when I trashed the product he was using that was made my one of my competitors.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I like Davidoff and smoke them whenever I can afford them.

If you don't like their white label lines, try the puro d'oro or the avo heritage, they are different from what they did for years flavorwise. They are worth a try.