What's new

DE Factory Seconds

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Anyone tried any of these yet and if so how much are they like the original lines? Not the Factory Bundles or Blue Ribbons but the LP and Undercrown 2nds listed here.....

https://www.famous-smoke.com/brand/drew estate factory seconds uc cigars
https://www.famous-smoke.com/search?kw=drew estate factory seconds no.9

The 9s and T52s are pretty pricey for seconds but are still nearly $100 less per box while the UC corona vivas run about $50 less. If reports are good I might give them a go. Thoughts?

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Could you imagine lighting up an actual undercrown second? Makes my stomach hurt just thinking about it.
I was expecting you to reply to this thread with some snarky comment. Give legit feedback or move along. Last I checked smoke what you like and like what you smoke was the golden rule of this hobby. Not make demeaning comments towards others passionate about the leaf because of their tastes. That is the opposite of what being a BOTL is about.

jkittle99

Josh
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I was expecting you to reply to this thread with some snarky comment. Give legit feedback or move along. Last I checked smoke what you like and like what you smoke was the golden rule of this hobby. Not make demeaning comments towards others passionate about the leaf because of their tastes. That is the opposite of what being a BOTL is about.
I don't think he was trying to be demeaning, I think the point he was trying to make is that if the undercrown is a liga 'second', which is certainly something we've heard reference made to before, that a 'second of a second' (would that be a third or a quarter?) would probably be less than amazing. If you like it smoke it, but lighten up a bit before handing out a tongue lashing.

To a side note - I also noticed these, and they caught my eye as well, but I'm holding off on ordering them since frankly, the last year or so of Liga has had a very different flavor profile. They've lost something, to my tastebuds anyway.

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I don't think he was trying to be demeaning, I think the point he was trying to make is that if the undercrown is a liga 'second', which is certainly something we've heard reference made to before, that a 'second of a second' (would that be a third or a quarter?) would probably be less than amazing. If you like it smoke it, but lighten up a bit before handing out a tongue lashing.
Any time LPs or DE is brought up he chimes in with something negative. When you read the comment with that already in mind it comes off demeaning. If you've smoked one and hate them then scream it to the hill tops. But I'm not trying to hear all the snarky comments from people riding the hate train that haven't smoked one.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
If I could make a suggestion it would be to see if you could arrange a split. If you can prefill 4 spots for fivers go ahead and grab the bundle and give em a whirl. Looks like Famous allows you to use the code on these so the total comes out to just over $150. On the other hand if you had $150ish and wanted suggestions on what to spend it on I could come up with a few better ideas then DE seconds, but thats just me and like you said to each their own.

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
A split isn't a bad idea though I don't know that I want to take that leap without some feedback to go on. I was hoping some people had tried these already. I certainly agree I can think of other sticks I wouldn't regret spending that sort of money on. On the other hand if they're even in the same ballpark, then thats a good amount of savings. As it stands the 9s and T52s are too much for me to justify but the UCs with the coupon code come out pretty cheap. Comparable to a lot of bundles price wise.

Rating - 100%
33   0   1
The UC "firsts" can be had for $4, $3 if you get lucky, on the devil site. So for me that's not a "deal" at all really.

And I doubt they'd be asking $7 a piece for seconds if they were really duds, but I can't say for sure. My guess is they'd mostly be discolorations and stuff like that, and would be legit as far as the smoke goes.

Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Anyone tried any of these yet and if so how much are they like the original lines? Not the Factory Bundles or Blue Ribbons but the LP and Undercrown 2nds listed here.....

https://www.famous-smoke.com/brand/drew estate factory seconds uc cigars
https://www.famous-smoke.com/search?kw=drew estate factory seconds no.9

The 9s and T52s are pretty pricey for seconds but are still nearly $100 less per box while the UC corona vivas run about $50 less. If reports are good I might give them a go. Thoughts?
I've had the UC, LP9 and T52 seconds. Worst thing I've found is an uneven wrapper color.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Any time LPs or DE is brought up he chimes in with something negative. When you read the comment with that already in mind it comes off demeaning. If you've smoked one and hate them then scream it to the hill tops. But I'm not trying to hear all the snarky comments from people riding the hate train that haven't smoked one.
Also I have smoked almost every liga aside from the super exclusive(overpriced) sticks.

I have tried all the sizes in the undercrown line, they were terrible. So a second of a terrible smoke does sound... terrible.

Stop being so sensitive, you make a post and people reply. Wether you agree with the post or not... you initiated the topic and got feedback.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I bought some Factory seconds singles of Liga, Undercrown and Undercrown Shade from Famous Smoke. They were excellent and my wallet thanked me. Definitely will buy again. And going to try a bundle of the Factory Selects soon.
Would you say they are like the originals or would you compare them to a different cigar?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a bundle of T52 seconds 3 weeks ago and have smoked two of them so far. I also have a box of T52 that are around 18 months old (well, they've been in my possession for 18 months) and have smoked a dozen of them, so I have a pretty good point of comparison.

The seconds do not seem as oily and do not give off plumes of "resting smoke" like T52s normally do. But, they have the same flavor profile and burn very well. The one I smoked ROTT went a little sideways burn-wise but I do not fault the cigar for that. The second one was perfect in every way. I would definitely buy these again.

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
I purchased a bundle of T52 seconds 3 weeks ago and have smoked two of them so far. I also have a box of T52 that are around 18 months old (well, they've been in my possession for 18 months) and have smoked a dozen of them, so I have a pretty good point of comparison.

The seconds do not seem as oily and do not give off plumes of "resting smoke" like T52s normally do. But, they have the same flavor profile and burn very well. The one I smoked ROTT went a little sideways burn-wise but I do not fault the cigar for that. The second one was perfect in every way. I would definitely buy these again.
Great - Thank you for the update. I had a little bit of a different experience with the LP9 seconds, but hoping that will change.