What's new

Deer Meat Recipes

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I'm not a hunter but I just got the mother load of deer burger meat. The boss' wife decided to clean out the freezer, sucks for him but good for me. Anyone have any good recipes for deer meat. The package is marked "burger."

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Not many will just make a deer burger in regards to having it on a bun due to it being so lean. Most will use it in things like chili, spaghetti sauce, casseroles, etc.

I like to add a 50/50 mixture of deer burger and sausage in any of the above...especially spaghetti sauce. The sausage adds that needed fat that the vensison is lacking in order to have a tasty dish.

Good luck!

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI, CHILI

I've made some sausage out of it, and it's good, but the chili is the best!

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Manwiche is good with. Meatballs. Chili (for sure). You can spice it up with a mix of some italian sausage (bulk) and make stuffed shells or ravioli.

Whatever you decide. Spice it up.

Venison has very little fat, so you need to add moisture to most cuts.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I hunt and butcher my own and other friends deer. I agree with the mix of about 50% ground pork, usually from a whole pork butt which will have just the right amount of fat in it, spice it up.. HMMMM good ! Hopefully they ground some good cuts of the deer for the burger.:rifleaim: