What's new

Deodourising a humi

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Have a 7 year old desktop humi, it got a bit warm for about a week in August (bonus this year, our summers are usually remembered by the day of the week they occur on!) and I had a bit of mould growing on my sticks. I have moved them into other storage but My humi still smells strongly of that musty mouldy smell.

How can I get rid of this smell? I thought about putting a small container of baking soda in it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
My suggestion would be to give it a thorough wipe down with rubbing alcohol to make sure that you get rid of any lingering mold (mould) spores and then allow it to air out for a few days. If you still have issues with a lingering smell after that you may want to close it up for several days with a container of activated charcoal or baking soda inside. I am not an expert by any means but if it were my humidor, that's what I would do.

Oh and be sure that you re-season it when you're done.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that roasted coffee beans or green? (I have both!)

As for sunshine.......... I can leave it in the garden and it will be full of water and slugs in about the time it makes to type this post! hahaha

Thanks again for the suggestions.

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
As for sunshine.......... I can leave it in the garden and it will be full of water and slugs in about the time it makes to type this post! hahaha
If you truly love your humidor, you'll stand in the front yard and hold the humidor open and above your head for 6 hours - arms fully stretched towards the sun. This will keep any water or slugs from getting in and you'll get a sweet tan as well. #YoureWelcome