What's new

Device Needed for My Home Humi - Advice Needed Please

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own a fairly large humidor at home and I am having trouble finding the correct device that will keep my sticks stored at the proper temp and humidity. The unit itself is approximately 72"H x 43 1/4"W x 16 3/4"D

Any suggestions on what I should use?
Where to get them?
Cost?

Thanks,
Ben

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Ah, Ben at Maxwell's. Ron can certainly take care of your needs and he might even stop by for a smoke!

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
MIGHT stop by...LOL. I saw steak and cigars and my eyes grew wide and my stomach started to growl

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I run with the same sized humidor and use the Oasis II XL. I do have some problems with my top shelf being a tad dry and my bottom shelf being a little wet. A few of my brothers here suggested beads on the top shelf which did help quite a bit. So basically what N2A said...lol.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
well, as long as advice is being given, I might as well give mine. First, forget about any type of room humidifier. Too much output, not accurate enough, and could be disastrous for your cigars. The Cigar Oasis 2 is more robust than the smaller Cigar Oasis, but it still lacks the features that better humidity systems have. A humidification system with the sensor seperate from the humidity canister allows for some adjustment of the location of the humidity sensor and the humidity canister to make the humidity more even in a cabinet. If you buy a system that allows you to add extra humidity canisters and fans into your cabinet, you will have more ability to fine tune your system so that humidity levels are closer to perfect. For example, I had a customer who was complaining that the singles drawer in his cabinet was a little too dry. I sent him a small canister with a low output fan to put into his singles drawer. Problem was solved. You cant do that with a Cigar Oasis.

Hoodere

Hoodere
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For 30 cu ft, I would suggest:

I have two Avallos (both use the Accumonitor) and it is SWEET!

http://avallohumidors.com/Accumonitor.html

Cigar Oasis II XL
http://cigaroasis.com/products/cigar-oasis-II-xl.html

Or something like this (this would require some CPU or OST fans installed throughout)
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?...UseBVCookie=Yes

Additionally, I would also add 1 lb of RH Beads to each of the shelves to even out the RH throughout.

Hope this helps!
~Mark

Good scoop as always Mark.