What's new

Dewars 12 year

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Had some of this at a local Cigar tasting event where Dewars was giving away free tastings. Some nice stuff here. I'm not really experienced with Scotches, but it sure was smooth to my palate!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I really want to try some single malt scotch sometime since lots of people talk about it. But, still haven't. I find it hard to pass up some good old American Bourbon. But, someday i'll order something at a bar when I'm there to try it out.

A restaurant I was at recently had some Macallan 25yo for $50 for 2 ounces. If it's that expensive, it must be good, right? :)

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Wow, dredging up an OLLLLLLLLLLLLLD thread here! LOL. Glad it helped, NW2. I think I've still got some Dewar's 12 in my cabinet, but I haven't touched scotch in quite some time. As Hawg mentions, I find it really difficult nowadays to pass up a good bourbon in favor of Scotch. Macallan makes some fine single malts. I would never pay $50 for 2 ounces though. I'd rather buy the bottle and toss it if it's no good...and still save money! lol. I stick to the more pedestrian stuff when ordering at restaurants.

I think I'll have to make a point of breaking into the scotch with my next cigar.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Ooof, had many a bad nights that started and finished with that stuff. Ooof, I think I just hurled in my mouth thinking about it. Good stuff, just creeps up on you.