What's new

Diamond Crown Maximus

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Well it's been awhile since I posted a review but seeing how I spent the money I figured this stick warrented one.

Daimond Crown Maximus Churchill #2
IMG_0281.JPG
I very rarely will spend more than $10 dollars if I want a pricier cigar however something about this cigar beconned me. It looked glorious and had a very nice solid feel to it. I baught it for about $15 from my local and it is my first Maximus.

IMG_0282.JPG
After removing it from it's cellophane I noticed right away the aroma! Very sweet and earthly spice. The cello was starting to turn yellow and as I inspected the cigar I noticed it had plume on it. You can see it on the Head I hope.

IMG_0283.JPG
Lighting was a breeze and the draw neerly perfect. I did not have to re-light or touch up in any way.
The first inch is White pepper and Spice (not harsh...little kick but smooth).

IMG_0284.JPG
Getting into the core of this cigar was easy. It is a solid Medium in my oppinion and a very relaxing smoke. The taste was a little difficult to grasp because it had alot going on. I could really taste the Earthly spices yet there were hints of Coco, Coffee, and Vanilla. The aroma to me had a nutty/coffee smell to it so I was a bit confused on what I was really tasting. This was pretty much the story throughout the cigar untill the last couple inches.

IMG_0285.JPG
It really ended with a Bang! It was very smooth up till know but I felt I was at a firework show with the finalley going off. The Pepper kicked into high gear along with the spices and left the tongue tinggling.
I really enjoyed this smoke very, very much. I rarely am left feeling satisfied spending alot of money on one cigar but I'm glad I got this one.
In a nut shell....
Excelent cigar and now one of my top 5

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks for the review...

I agree...that is a good looking cigar. I think I may pull one out of the humi today for the closing ceremonies of the Olympics...

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Great review. This is one of my favorites, as well. I love that little hint of sweet and spice they've got. Reminds me a little bit of the Opus.

-Charles

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great review! I used to smoke them all the time when i used to have money.Its in my top 5 also. I think im going to have one today for the hockey game thanks to you!

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Nice review cig, thanks. I had a robusto size at an event once, great stick but I don't remember a big pepper blast at the end.

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Great review and spot on Tom. These are one of my favorite sticks the number 2 and 3 are the best vitolas IMO.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Ciggy, thank you for the review and for the pictures. Keep up the good work

FYI. Plume is generally an all over type of thing, that is kind of a slight dusty coating. and could take some real time to have show up. DCMs aren’t the type of cigars that sit on a shelf for 3-5 years. Also Yellow Cello can take even longer. The yellow cello can be accelerated by an environment that is too moist, as can the tad bit of mold on the tip of that cigar.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Ciggy, thank you for the review and for the pictures. Keep up the good work

FYI. Plume is generally an all over type of thing, that is kind of a slight dusty coating. and could take some real time to have show up. DCMs aren’t the type of cigars that sit on a shelf for 3-5 years. Also Yellow Cello can take even longer. The yellow cello can be accelerated by an environment that is too moist, as can the tad bit of mold on the tip of that cigar.
The Cello was definately yellow and the plume was on the cigar as a whole just more noticable on the head. I've had cigars that molded and this was a light dust as if baby powder (not spotted). Also it was brought to my attention that the band had white borders and now DC has all gold, which means it is an older cigar. I live in an area where most people have to stretch a dollar and don't usually buy the more expensive cigars which is why my local doesn't carry alot of the nicer stuff. Sucks for me as I am limited and have to do major internet hunting to keep up with you guys. I could be wrong about the cigar but I would like to think I'm not...Atleast I hope so!