• He's lucky he didn;t end up smoking it sideways

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Doofus

Spoon!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The other day, I had an un-banded double figurado that I picked up some time ago at a shop in Richmond. It was a mighty fine smoke, one of their house brand Nicaraguan sun growns. I'd say one of the best house brands I've had anywhere.

It was just about the same size and shape as a Hemingway Classic, problem was that both the cap and foot were closed. When I took it out of the cello, I forgot to keep track of what end was up and the quandry began. There was no difference in the two ends, so I just guessed and it smoked just fine, no unraveling or anything.

My experience begs the questions-

1) Did I smoke it backwards?

2) Given the levels of precision of the blending to achieve consistency, etc., would it matter if a cigar is (Accidentally) smoked backwards.

-Dumbass, uh, Doofus

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
A cigar is rolled to be smoked in one direction. Where if you smoked it in reverse, the wrapper would(should) unravel

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Poni said:
A cigar is rolled to be smoked in one direction. Where if you smoked it in reverse, the wrapper would(should) unravel
That makes sense.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Poni said:
I never knew that. Thanks.

But I never smoked a cigar in the reverse either. Atleast not yet anyway.

eric_f

Semper Fi!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I've cut large cigars in half when I was new to smoking because I couldn't handle all that nicotine. Not kosher, I know, but they still tasted the same :p If you look very closely, you can actually see the wrapper tucked under the next wraparound. Sometimes, though, it is nearly impossible to tell if it was well rolled.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Doofus said:
The other day, I had an un-banded double figurado that I picked up some time ago at a shop in Richmond. It was a mighty fine smoke, one of their house brand Nicaraguan sun growns. I'd say one of the best house brands I've had anywhere.

There was no difference in the two ends, so I just guessed and it smoked just fine, no unraveling or anything.

Doofus

Here's My Take....
If you Liked it, Yes you had the Right End, If you didn't care for it You lit the Wrong End!..
(Ok, this makes sence to me, but I'm on my LAST brain Cell)...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cigars are rolled from foot to cap, so you should be able to tell which end is which by looking at the roll of the cigar. The wrapping will overlap from the cap down, which if you would imagine some stairsteps, you'd be walking down stairs from the cap to the foot.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I Just threw out a Gurkha Ltd. Expadition, that I'm not real sure it mattered HOW you smoked it!.. Dman thing fell apart in my hand like a slinky.. Wraper all over the place and this is 6 the same way. I got 10 (2 5r's)..
Might try smokin' from the middle, out to both ends?