What's new

Did you have an "AH HA!" cigar?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both Hemmingways. The Natural Signature gave me the "Oh, this is what they are supposed to taste like". Then about week or two later my friend gave me one of the Signature Maduros. It was all over after that. I started looking into cigars and the next day I had a humidor seasoned and waiting to be filled. Im still crazy about everything Maduro. Does it come in Maduro? Ill take it.

Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Two years ago I got into cigars. I bought a few sample packs from CI and thought they were good. However last summer I went to Mexico and tried a Cuban Montecristo No 2. I thought, WOW, now that's what a cigar should taste like. When I came back I had one of my cigars and could only tolerate smoking it for 5 minutes. I ended up throwing it away because it no where near compared to the Monte.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Since starting smoking cigars in 2010, I was always off and on with them, mainly because I was buying dog crap from cbid. I enjoyed smoking the cheapest 5 packs that I could get. That, coupled with my habit of not keeping up with my humidor properly, led to construction problems and an unpleasant experience but I enjoyed smoking them all the same. It was relaxing to just take some time out of my day to enjoy a smoke. I took some smokes with me on my honeymoon to the D.R. and enjoyed the absolute heck out of an Oliva Maduro, it was either the O or the G, but I remember that was my first AH-HA moment. I then went back to buying dog rockets and I was again off and on for a few more years until last fall when I had an AB Tempus. Absolutely LOVED IT, it was my second AH-HA moment...this is when I started reading more into cigars on forums, placed an order for some pricier cigars (more than what I was used to), some CAOs and more Olivas, and enjoyed them so much more. Just received an order this past week with some more singles from AB, and an LP 9 and an Undercrown, a RP 03 and a decade. Also snagged a Genesis the project 5er . Those will be my first of each of those. Very excited to be broadening my horizons. I already have my list stored in my phone for what's going to be on my next order. Apologies in advance for rambling.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I would say the La Jugada Prieto was my big aha moment. I was coming back from a friend's house in Tennessee and stop at Twin City Cigar Company in Winston Salem. I told the guy I needed a long smoke in the medium-full category. This was his recommendation. It just blew my mind and I knew that I would be a cigar guy after that. Then came the La Aurora Barrel Aged and the Partagas Serie D. I knew I would be hooked in to a new lifestyle.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I was walking thru a B&M a few months after I started smoking and learning about cigars. Hadn't yet stumbled on to any forums or anything yet. Just knew to keep the wrapper color "medium" looking. Finally picked out a 1964 Anniversary Series and then had the Aha moment. The pepper in the initial draws got me... I was blown away by how much better a great cigar can be from an average one.
After that, my first Anejo. The first time I started noticing complexity in a cigar.
1964 is still my favorite but the peppery ones really give Padron a run for my $

Rating - 100%
33   0   1
I have several. My first cc was a punch and it was eye-opening.

Several others come to mind, and although setting was a factor in some, they just blew me away:

My first LFD- a double ligero and maybe the single best cigar I ever smoked, partially due to setting but it was a great smoke.

The first Padilla Miami, the first dpg blue, and the first sharks I ever smoked were all really great experiences.

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Probably a anejo for me as well...the 60 I think? It's like a double corona but anyway, I smoked one last fourth of July and it blew my mind how good it was. I had never paid that much for a cigar before and I thought it was crazy when I bought it, but so so worth it.

Then it was the warped la hacienda. I think e ery cigar I smoked up to that point I was rushing a little because I smoked that one super slow.and the variety of flavors I got from it was like no cigar I'd had before. Same with the AA14.

Other notable sticks for me would be the pudgy face (what ever happened to that full size face ara I got ants all over me!), the jackal and again, the angels anvil 14.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Similar story to mine, I began smoking cigars at the young age of 15 back in the mid 90s. First box purchase was Fuente's 858 around that time. I enjoyed smoking cigars on occasion but my palate wasnt developed.

Tbh, it wasnt until I started reading more about cigars that I began purchasing premium smokes and if iirc my first "ah ha" was a Padron Family Reserve 85, followed by a Tat Cojonu Sumatra, then head first into OpusX and Habanos. Totally hooked.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Anejo 888
I had my first go with one of those a few months ago & loved it! Fuente is the biggest company that I have the least amount of familiarity with for their core lines, but that one put it on my radar again.

I smoked that one super slow
I'm a slow smoker myself. I find it's just all around more enjoyable when I take my time.

Good list too, btw.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The first cigars I ever smoked were Swishers, and after that I moved to Garcia Vegas from the gas station. I smoked those for awhile until my future father-in-law handed me a Fuente of some variety. That pulled me off of the machine mades forever. In college, I was still buying cheaper cigars, Don Tomas and whatnot. I think the two that got me hooked were a Punch Gran Puro, and one of the CAO anniversary maduros with the Costa Rican wrapper. That cigar was my benchmark for the longest time. I stopped smoking after college, but picked it back up about three years ago. Since then, the Oliva Melanio I smoked last year, and then I closed out the year with a Padron 1926. That was one of the best cigars I've ever smoked. After tasting the flavor in that, going back to some of my cheaper cigars is like going back to those Garcia Vegas. This year it's the Tat TAA 2015. That was just an incredible smoke, and I'm bummed that I couldn't score a box of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk