What's new

Dilema - lost my recipe

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Last night my wife was enjoying one of the last few glasses of my Apple Cider Ale I brewed for her in the fall. This morning I started looking for the recipe I used and I can't find it.
I know I posted it on FB for a few friends, but that place is a black hole and I can't find shit on it.
I thought I posted it here but after 30min of searching I can't find it here either. I guess I'm going to have to re-create it. I remember most of it because I used roughly 1/2lb of crystal malt and up to 1oz of hops in a mini boil to make it more Ale like instead of just fizzy apple juice. I also used 2 gallons of local fresh cider and 2 gallons bought juice. London Ale yeast was my yeast of choice. I also know I back sweetened it with 3 cans of frozen concentrate (thawed) upon kegging because the yeast ate all the sugars.

I'll be close but it won't be an exact match to what I did last year.

Just ranting a bit, pissed at myself for not properly storing my recipe. :argh:

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Thanks guys. I haven't heard of Beersmith unless thats the software by Beer Tools which I was thinking of buying. I'll give it a look.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
How did you guys get into brewing any reccomendations on where to start?
Don't think too much into it. Just dive right in and make some beer. It's easier than you think but can seem overly complicated if you let it, in the beginning. All it takes is some malt, hops, water, yeast and time. Get some star sanitizer and look up a simple recipe. Research along the way.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Find a local supply store, go in and ask questions and they should be able to hook you up and tell you what you need. Everyone is different and recommends different things, so if you source locally and take their lead you'll make some friends and get to know how they're doing it. Then come here and we'll throw you a bunch of curves and help you spend your money. :)

I had an engineer I was working with teach me, about 20yrs ago. Been learning ever since.

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
+3 on Beersmith. The cool thing now is that they have cloud storage for recipes and people can share recipes through it.