What's new

diplo #2's-dissapointed

guado

OCD Cigar Hoarder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally decided to crack one of the diplo #2 boxes this week. What a disappointment. There was some deliciousness hanging out in the background but it was overcome by an intense green-ness and very flat profile. I figure it was just not ready yet. The box was 3/07.

Anyone else experience this? I was gonna place some orders here up until this rash of bad things happening. :-(

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
overcome by an intense green-ness and very flat profile.

I figure it was just not ready yet.

I think you answered your own question. I get that flat / greenness in other marca and is usually at a transition stage so they need more rest. I would check back in 6 months to test. Still flat, give em 6 more months. Still flat you might have badly blended cigars.

eric_f

Semper Fi!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
When you open the box and take a strong sniff near the feet, is it 'tangy'? If I smell that I know to stay away from em for a little bit. May not be sick, but grassy & flat for sure. I vote for sleepytime!

guado

OCD Cigar Hoarder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
still a bit tangy def. I never really messed with diplos till now. I am more a partagas whore so the tanginess to me is delish. Apparently not so with Diplos. :-(

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Waaaaay too young!

I have a box from '98 that are delish. Give them time, as these are great sticks with loads of complex flavors.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
guado, this particular smoke, in my experience, really does not come into its own until it hits about 5 years of age. Young sticks will occasionally be a delight, but rarely.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Have you had her completely sealed up since 07? Do you crack regularly and allow for air flow? If you do... then yeah... I'd follow Headbanger's advice on tastings every few months or so.
No...I bought from a collector in 2001. I do crack the box from time too time in order to check...And drool!

Trying to save the remaining for special occasions/gifts. Love 'em :)

guado

OCD Cigar Hoarder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boxes were opened and rotated every 3-4 months.

Lots of people are smoking 08 and 09 and they are awesome. This year is either gonna be bad or just needs quite a bit of aging. Oh well. They have sat for 3 years already. No biggie!

Just seeing if anyone else has some crappy 07's.

I am tempted to try a stick out of another 07 box I have and one of the 07 monte #2 also and compare....