What's new

Diplomatico Line

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
The more I smoke them the more I think they're not for me. I just find no character or depth in this line of cigars. Granted I've only had the #2 and #4, but I don't see them tasting any different then the other 2 vitolas available.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Very same experience here bro. At least it's one brand you can eliminate from your stock/list.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
vipe said:
Very same experience here bro. At least it's one brand you can eliminate from your stock/list.
Exactly...No box purchases/splits for me with them anymore

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I like aged Dips MUCH better than fresh ones. They are fairly inexpensive at times because people can't get into them. Sock away a couple of boxes and try them with 3+ years (at least) on them or get an aged sampler from someone who you know takes care of their sticks, then decide. I wouldn't give up on them yet.

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I enjoy the #4's but I have to agree with the #2 being rather bland. Maybe I've just had bad luck with that one, or maybe have only had fakes.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Ok, I'm not a resident expert on Dips, but I have smoked a ton of 3s, 4s, and 5s. Dips, in my experiences, are best smoked at 4 y/o getting too subtle older then (not that the flavors aren't excellent, it's just that I normally prefer a bit more robust smoke rather then a finely aged Havana in most cases) that and too muffled any younger then that. My first box of Cubans I ever had was a split on 4s that were 3 1/2 y/o and just blew my mind. They're like an on Montecristo that has a dry tobacco underlying flavor. Obviously mild, but sometimes I don't like having to munch down a meal before I light up.
Keep in mind because of their very recessive flavors (thinking dominant/recessive), your environment and smoking accompanyments (sp?) need to be very minimal. Think water with your cigar in an indoor room with minimal ventilation. With a drink as mild as coffee you can effect the flavor more then I think is best for these. The ironic thing is that I've never even smoked a Dip 2 despite loving the line as much as I do. So I guess all I'm saying applies to the parejo shaped versions of the marca only.

Cheers boys and don't give up on em yet!

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I like them.

The #4 is very good IMO (remember, I am a light weight) and really quite different than a Monte #4.

They just seem to be perfectly lite enough for a nice morning smoke to me. Where a Monte is good in the morn but a little more suited to the mid morning lunchtime portion of the day.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Never did much for me either. Vipe talked me into a split many months ago on some #4's...I'll never forgive him for that.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
DWavs said:
Never did much for me either. Vipe talked me into a split many months ago on some #4's...I'll never forgive him for that.
Does old age (and wild hair) really distort the mind that much?