What's new

Director of Operations from Cremo Cigars, up here in MN

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

My attention to this site came from a review of one of our smokes, the Cremo Classic Maduro. Aside from the nice review (thank you by the way), I started poking around. I like what I see. Some serious smokers and good discussions.

I suppose I should talk about myself a bit. Well, I live in a frozen tundra which I, and many, call Minnesota (just north of the Twin Cities). I started smoking cigar in 2004 with a Fuente 8-5-8. I fell in love with it and kept smoking. Not a lot right away since money was an issue. Though more time went by and most cigars were smoked. In time I started doing reviews (sometimes I still do them on my off time). Granted, I was not very consistent in making new posts, but people still liked them. I saw a new company called Cremo Cigars and decided to give them a try. I loved the stick so much I asked the owner if I could come on board. Now, I have had others try to get me to work for them, and while they had good smokes... something was off. Not with this one.

I jumped in and helped with marketing and writing, moving on to operations (basically, I make sure stuff flows smoothly). Over time I met a lot of great people, answered a ton of questions, learned of new cigars, and made a lot of friends.

I am hoping that happens here as well. Thank you all for your time.

Josh Peterson
Director of Operations
Cremo Premium Cigars.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
Welcome from VA!

+1 what kevin said, I can't tell you how nice it is to get info straight from the source. Looking forward to learning from you and trying out one of your sticks :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the welcome, and thank you James for the review.

I thought I would give an insider bit. While some will claim that they only smoke their own brand, that is usually false. You have to know what is out there. Majority of what we smoke is not our own... usually. When coming up with a new blend, it is opposite. But, you are not trying your own either in a sense since most never see the light of day. You smoke two or three of each and tweak it. This can be an interesting experience. Many people tell me they would love to smoke cigars all day. You would not want to smoke these. Not only are you measuring how enjoyable it is, but you have to be meticulous with it too. Many can be bland, or burn wrong, or just plain crap. Not usually if you have a good factory, but it happens. These are handmade and sometimes a bad one gets through. Some cigars probably had upwards to 30 prototypes before being finalized. So, 30 sticks that start as crap and get better, or a box of perfection. Depends on which side you want to be on.

If you have questions, ask. I will do my best to answer in a timely manner (I am a busy guy).

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Hey Josh!

:welcome: from down in Winona :waving:

I just discovered Cremo a couple of weeks ago at the ETDB factory and just received my first order yesterday. Looking forward to smoking one soon!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jmvcp: Sadly, not yet. That is why we sell online, so people in area without us can get us.

willzbar: yeah that is a 2 and a half hour drive up 94 lol

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Welcome from NorCal! Great to have you on the board.... The Cremo smokes I've had have been excellent. Looking forward to the maduro.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bdrupe, that is over a three hour drive for him. Thanks for helping him out though.

Mickeymorris626, I am glad there are Minnesota smokers and to see some. I am not a big wig though, just a cigar smoker and I help make them. Right now I have my feet up, wearing jeans and a tee shirt and a baseball cap... not too big wig lol

I hope you enjoy our smokes. And if you have questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Welcome! I follow you guys on facebook. Haven't tried any of your sticks yet but I've heard theyre AWESOME. I'm hoping to snag a couple when I break into rupes house next week.... Shhhhh

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm originally from MN myself, welcome. Are cremo cigars available in Chicago? I could not find a locate retailers option on the website.