What's new

Do certain foods turn you off?

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Being a cook for my profession I have cooked all types of food but really am not disgusted by anything. I have tried foie gras but prefer not to eat it because its health factor. Veal Marsala I have cooked many times and everybody who has had it loved it. But the difference is I buy my meats from local butchers out in the country who raise their animals in better conditions. The beef I buy from the butchers is so much more tender and marbled because they treat the animals with better living conditions as done with famed Kobe beef.

I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants

Shmear

Megan the Great
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I usually have a hard time when I eat lobster... but that's because my uncle is evil and likes to show me the lobster a live before boiling it to death :sadpace: but I put it at the back of my head and think how darn good it is, that usually saves me.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I usually have a hard time when I eat lobster... but that's because my uncle is evil and likes to show me the lobster a live before boiling it to death :sadpace: but I put it at the back of my head and think how darn good it is, that usually saves me.
As a friend who had spent 30 yeas as a Maine fish and game warden once said to me about lobster:
"You think it wouldn't eat YOU if you were laying on the bottom of the ocean?"

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Anything deep fried in old oil. HUGE turnoff!!

And anything fried in oil that isn't hot enough...like an eggroll. THe stuff gets so soggy and just drips out the oil. HUGE turnoff

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
i eat more protein than most people that eat meat and NOTHING i eat contains any chemicals or antibiotics and is 100% organic. even triple a rated 4 and 5 diamond restaurants serve chicken that contains arsenic. there are plenty of diet calculators you can addd up all the foods you eat and it will give you a score, average score for a healthy diet is around 160-200 my diet is usually around 550-600.

I agree with you, we absolutely are higher on the food chain and im not saying eating meat is wrong i could care less. I just prefer a whole foods diet and its not for everyone, its super expensive but the way you feel when you eat foods I do makes it worth every penny.
You can add it up all you want, but the reality of the matter is, your vegan diet and high protein isn't a complete protein. Therefore you have to eat multiple sources of plant based proteins to get all of your protein needs or supplement like crazy in the Amino Acids to make up for what your diet lacks. Animal based proteins are the best proteins in relativity of health and PDCAA's.