What's new

Do the NY Mets really suck this bad?

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I'm a Yankees fan but I always root for the Mets during the regular season and I find it hard to believe they're as bad as they've played. On paper they should be much better, more so if they can get their rotation in sync. Having so many friends that are Mets fans I'm finding harder to talk baseball with them now because they're giving up already. Sigh.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Dude, don't your friends think that it's kinda early to declare the Mets done? They haven't even played 10 games!

However, they did just lose a series to the Nats though...hmmmmmm...OK, you're right. They suck

:grinFU:

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
hey pirmigrin, was this by choice?

"Im a life long mets fan, and the answer is yes...they suck."

hahaha...j/k

PHILLIES are going to repeat as NL Champs, then take out the Yankees this year!

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Even I will have to admit that they are better than their record shows. I think they are off to a slow start and will play 500 baseball this year. Phillies will win NL East on their way to another WS!
Posted via Mobile Device

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
The fact that you even have to ask the question should be answer enough as to how bad they are. Granted Beltran has to yet to play for them. But I believe they aren't a very good team at all and didn't do much in the off season to help themselves. Granted last year they where hurt hugely by injuries and if healthy should be better then last year. But the whole division has improved cept for them. I don't see the Mets finishing any better then maybe 4th place this year unless a major mircle happens for them to even get to 3rd. After Johann Santana the starting pitching is a huge question mark.
Though pretty impressive they won last night against St. Louis 2 - 1 in 20 innings. Pretty amazing they held St. Louis scoreless for 18 innings but at the same time they didn't score any runs either. So that doesn't say much for their offense/hitting either.