What's new

Do you consider Warranty? Before buying any Cigar Accessories??

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I am big warranty person, have been buying stuff from l.L. Bean in Frereport, ME for over 40 years, as they take care of problems with no aggravation.

I hate companies who offer Lifetime, or Limited Warranties with more string attached then a black widows spiders web.

First of all if you have a product with a price pointy over $25.00 I personally feel you need to offer like a year, two or lifetime warranty.

XIKAR like L.L. Beans Warranty is the best, and if I give or gift an old XIKAR item to someone, and it craps out, or dies. XIKAR doesn';t ask for proof of purchase, or warranty card, or $10.00- -$25.00 processing fee. Get the item to them on you dime, they fix or replace very fast, pay return postage.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
LL bean just updated their warranty :)

No more swapping out old boots for all those who exploited the system
I honestly never ever bought their boots, but I did have a Baxter Slate Parker that was my cold weather jacket. Arm started coming off, and at winters end I called, and was advised they would repair it if I sent bit in.

Sent it it I did, and it was repair and back to me in like two weeks. Great service, great products, great warranty.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/columnists/ct-biz-ll-bean-lifetime-guarantee-20180220-story.html

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I honestly never ever bought their boots, but I did have a Baxter Slate Parker that was my cold weather jacket. Arm started coming off, and at winters end I called, and was advised they would repair it if I sent bit in.

Sent it it I did, and it was repair and back to me in like two weeks. Great service, great products, great warranty.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/columnists/ct-biz-ll-bean-lifetime-guarantee-20180220-story.html
Warranty is now one year which should be more than enough I’d say

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
You are also covered under MFG Defect. A lot of return go to the outlet store all over the USA, and of course Freeport ME. Smoking deals on some return, and returned & fixed items.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I am big warranty person, have been buying stuff from l.L. Bean in Frereport, ME for over 40 years, as they take care of problems with no aggravation.

I hate companies who offer Lifetime, or Limited Warranties with more string attached then a black widows spiders web.

First of all if you have a product with a price pointy over $25.00 I personally feel you need to offer like a year, two or lifetime warranty.

XIKAR like L.L. Beans Warranty is the best, and if I give or gift an old XIKAR item to someone, and it craps out, or dies. XIKAR doesn';t ask for proof of purchase, or warranty card, or $10.00- -$25.00 processing fee. Get the item to them on you dime, they fix or replace very fast, pay return postage.
I like long warranties, but my price point is way higher. $200, or so. It's not that I like throwing away money,, just put a premium on time , hassle, etc. Under that amount, if it lasts at least a year, I'm probably gonna just let it go.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Well I do most of my buying with my Visa Card, reason ViSA adds a year to most manufactures warranty. Recently got a new $100.00 battery for a lap top computer. Battery went dead after 15 month, thank you Visa.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Avoid the Lotus accessories. After reading their warranty I decided to just trash my cutter instead of sending it in for repair.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I dont generally take into account the warranties but you will find me pretty much rocking Xikar everything. The quality is there and as a bonus they'll fix, sharpen, replace, etc with no problems. I started out with the Xikar stuff and keep rocking it. It works and they support it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Warranties nowadays have two sides. Like you mentioned LL bean had one of the best warranties ever but you had too many scum bags abusing it so they had to change it. You have the zippo lifetime because lets face it a zippo is so dam simple that its probably never going to break and if it does it won't cost much to fix. Then you have a crappy company like Hyundai who makes inferior products with one of the best warranties. Now why might a company known for inferior quality offer such a great warranty? Because sometimes its cheaper to keep fixing crappy stuff than make a quality product. I'd rather buy a quality made product with no warranty that will never break than a crappy product with a lifetime warranty that will need continued replacement. Many quality companies now are affraid to offer very good warranties simply because people are ridiculous with the stuff they will return ie. L.L.Bean who continues to offer quality products that I would continue to buy with less of a warranty than a cheap asian market product with a better warranty.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Well I know if a product is made by man or machine nothing is 110% perfect. That why product support, custom service, and, warranty is important.

So what shit happens you have the warranty, customer service, or product support. Apple computer is a company that support wheat they sell. Even if it is a IPhone VS.

Coincrazed

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
LL bean just updated their warranty :)

No more swapping out old boots for all those who exploited the system
My mom was raving about this. I don't look at warranty unless I pay more than $50. Anything more, then yeah, I will.