What's new

Do you Drink Zinfandlel?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to a large tasting with 30 booths and the one I went beck to was Rosnblum of Cali's wines.
They had the Cuvee XXX, Paso Robles offering, a Petite Sirah, Their Snow Lake and a Viognier.
All were incredable!
I have been drinking some really full bodied ones and the Cuvee XXX which is between a lighter to medium bodied Zin really stood out for a change as it was a very fruit forward,jammy profile with a really nice silky dry ending.
I found it at Costco for 9 bucks, other stores had it for 11-13 or so.
Anyone else into Zins?

Rating - 100%
188   0   0
Absolutely! In fact, it's what I reach for when given my choice. Rosenblum does make some good ones, in fact, they are the winery that turned me on to Zinfandels (Monte Rosso vineyard I believe). Our fav's are Zin's made by Biale, especially their "Black Chicken"!. They are a very small operation...in fact, I'm not sure if you can find them outside of a tour of the winery or their wine club...but VERY, VERY, good Zins.

Mmmmm....steak, a good Zin, and a cigar! I think I know what we're having for dinner tonight.

(Note: we are definitely NOT talking about White Zins here!)

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
Zin's are fantastic. my favorite red. in fact, i've been drinking them a lot lately with my smokes! Try the Ravenswood Lodi. Great Stuff!!

by the way, welcome to the BOTL. go over to the introductions and tell us about you!!

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Jeff,
The big liquor store in Fort Collins I went to yesterday had the CigarZin. No CigarCab, tho.
Those were pretty good wines!

TYLER

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
No ... but I drink Zinfandel.

My favorite so far has been Seghesio Old Vine Zin. I also really enjoy many of the Zins and Zin blends made by Ridge.

Havanaaddict

Mr. Salomones
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Rosenblum rocks as far as I am concerned is one of the top Zinfandel makers around!!!
Here is a list of what they make: and what I have had and think!!!

Annette's Reserve Zinfandel, Redwood Valley - 2005 (Outstanding)

Aparicio Vineyard Zinfandel, Amador County - 2005

Carla's Vineyard Zinfandel, San Francisco Bay - 2005 (Nice)

Eagle Point Vineyard Zinfandel, Mendocino County - 2005 (Great) rich

Harris Kratka Vineyard Zinfandel, Alexander Valley - 2005 (Outstanding)Big & Jammy

Hendry Vineyard Reserve Zinfandel, Napa Valley - 2005

House Family Vineyard Zinfandel, Sonoma County - 2005

Lyons Reserve Zinfandel, Napa Valley - 2005 (Great)

Maggie's Reserve Zinfandel, Sonoma Valley - 2005 (Great) Rich

Monte Rosso Vineyard Reserve Zinfandel, Sonoma Valley - 2005

North Coast Zinfandel, Appellation Series - 2005

Paso Robles Zinfandel, Appellation Series - 2005 (Nice)

Planchon Vineyard Zinfandel, San Francisco Bay - 2005

Richard Sauret Vineyard Zinfandel, Paso Robles - 2005 (Great) Rich

Rockpile Road Vineyard Zinfandel, Rockpile - 2005 (Great) Big & Jammy

San Francisco Bay Zinfandel, Appellation Series - 2005 (Ok)

Snows Lake Vineyard Zinfandel, Lake County - 2004 (Great)

Snows Lake Vineyard Zinfandel, Lake County - 2005

St. Peter's Church Vineyard Reserve Zinfandel, Sonoma County - 2005

Most are in the $20's but some do hit the $35 range but "You will not be diapointed"

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
For a first post, i gotta say "Off Topic"
I thought that too when I saw it.

Go over into the introduction forums and introduce yourself! Most people whose first posts are pimping some product are prick retailers, so to avoid confusion you should definitely give us an intro and tell us about what cigars you like!

TYLER

sogon

El Capitan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zin's are fantastic. my favorite red. in fact, i've been drinking them a lot lately with my smokes! Try the Ravenswood Lodi. Great Stuff!!

by the way, welcome to the BOTL. go over to the introductions and tell us about you!!
I agree, the Ravenswood is awesome, pretty much the only Zin I drink.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry a bit busy to post!
I don't work for any wine company's or distributors.
Peter GREAT tag
Havana, thanks for the list I was hoping for opinions on a wide range of Zins as it seems to be what I have been craving for awhile.
I will post my cigar likes soon in the area suggested.
I had a 9 yr old ISOM Punch,Punch this past Saturday night and I have a #4 Padron that I picked up a whole package in Miami,Little Havana that is at least 7 yrs old that I am eyeing for tonight or Tuesday night.

Havanaaddict

Mr. Salomones
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Havana, thanks for the list I was hoping for opinions on a wide range of Zins as it seems to be what I have been craving for awhile.
Here is one of my favorites:
Rombauer 2005 Zinfandel (Prob the sweetest of most zins)
Rombauer Vineyards' 2005 Zinfandel represents the very essence of California Zinfandel. Full bodied, fruit forward, and juicy, this wine boasts bright aromas of black cherry and plum, with a light spicy character all its own. Layers of cranberries, plums, and dark berries flow together for a rich, full flavor with a sensational mouth feel. A dark berry fruit finish lingers on the palate, complementing the rich flavors of this beautiful wine.

Cosentino 2005 Cigar Zin Zinfandel
Pomegranate, raspberry, cherries, cassis and rhubarb flavors intermingle in a concentrated jammy style with briary notes. Elegant and smooth on entry, despite being big, rich, and mouthfilling throughout.

Kunin 2006 Paso Robles Westside Zinfandel
Sweet, dark red fruit and spice in the nose, with the same, jammyfruits and plenty of spice on the palate. Full-bodied but not heavy, the wine has moderatetannin structure. Good acidity and intensity of fruit lead to a medium-long finish. Not portlike or overdone, but a "big" zinfandel that carries its weight and finishes cleanly.

Here are a few I will post some more when I get a chance:peace:

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I love Ridge and Karly, from the cheapest to the most expensive I think both these labels come through very strong.

Had Carly With La Flor DL 700 and it stood up to it pretty well.