What's new

Do you have to smoke Cigars?

I have to smoke....

• Only on rare occasions when the feeling hits me.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Not every weekend, but every Month for sure.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I can wait for weekends and good weather.

Votes: 58 41.7%
  • Not every day, but almost.

Votes: 44 31.7%
  • Every Day Rain or Shine.

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Hell I can't make it to Breakfast!

Votes: 4 2.9%

• Total voters

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
I don't smoke every week, but if I go more than a couple of weeks I start to get the cravings. Where do you all stack up?

Last edited:

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
I really think if I had to or wanted to, I could stop smoking today and not really worry about it. That's partly why I like cigars. I don't NEED them, I enjoy them.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
It's not like when I smoked cigarettes and I would HAVE to have one first thing when I got up in the morning. I do certainly enjoy cigars and can go a while without smoking one just fine, but yes I do start to get a craving for them after a while. Usually it's when I get something I've heard is really good or a new supply of favorites and I really want to spark one up. I have a pretty regular routine of going out with the guys for drinks and cigars on Thursday nights and if for some reason I have to miss that I do get a little more cranky that week. It's from missing the relaxation more than the cigar though.

Dan

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
"Hell I can't make it to Breakfast!"

Yep, that one vote is mine....I wake up smoking a cigar and I go to bed smoking a cigar....hell, I enjoy them that much!! :cbig:

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I just smoke when I'm in the mood. That said I usually go down to the lounge 2 to 3 times a week. But the last couple of weeks, I've only been going down 1 day a week.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I really enjoy cigars and especially with friends... I don't have to smoke everyday in fact I prolly smoke less and less now cuz I'd rather enjoy on the weekends with the boys! In the summer I smoke much more though so we'll see it could be a party at my house every night, lol!

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I tend to only smoke when I'm at work of have a cigar friendly family member or friend visiting. Other than that I'm A-Ok not smoking. Sometimes I'll burn one while brewing up a beer. I mean come on the mashing time alone takes at least an hour why not light up in the nice weather.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
There are many components of a cigar that will induce relaxation; nicotine, aroma, atmosphere. I'm sure if cigars had no nicotine, people may not smoke as much. At the same time why spend so much money for nicotine delivery when there are much cheaper alternatives? Cigars are a lifestyle, not a habit, no matter how many you smoke a day. Thats what separates us from the chain smokers.

Studies have shown that the human brain will attach a sense of smell to memories better than any other sensory experience (sight, hearing, ect). Attaching the distinct aroma of cigars with fond memories/positive experiences would be the reason why one would "CRAVE" a cigar, not because of the nicotine.

Last edited:

diesel

Banned
Rating - 91.9%
78   5   1
I smoke only when I can enjoy it. I have found myself enjoying smaller cigars on the commute to school since the weather has become nice. I might get one or two in a week during the winter.

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I must say... I really doubt I could quit. For the most part I smoke everyday, usually a smaller stick on the way to and from work, and a nicer sized one when I get home. I can't even begin to tell you how much rain ruins my day! If I don't have my going to work stick it just puts me in a miserable mood.
Posted via Mobile Device