• I always buy a cigar from them even if I bring my own

Votes: 91 48.9%
  • Other (See my post)

Votes: 7 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have one cigar bar in my area they charge a 7.00 cutting fee if you bring in your own, if you buy one there they wave it. Just glad they have a nice selection of smokes. :chat:

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I hang at the shop I do because I like it there and I want to support their business. I always buy a cigar or a tin of tobacco anytime I go into my local shop to hang out and smoke. I wouldn't be a very good B&M patron if I didn't.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I only have one cigar bar in my area they charge a 7.00 cutting fee if you bring in your own, if you buy one there they wave it. Just glad they have a nice selection of smokes. :chat:
That is crazy. I understand what they are doing but I can't believe that charge you for cutting your cigar. Do they still charge if you bring your own cutter?

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Luckily my local cigar lounge dosen't charge a cut fee. I don't purchase cigars very often there either. I do eat, drink and give a 20% + tip though.

SmokeyOgre

Has Layers
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
first or third option, depending on situation (so i voted first, since they're roughly equivalent). My local lounge has no fee so I buy something when I'm there. It's getting harder and harder for these guys so I'll support them since they support my habbit

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've been to quite a few Cigar Bars and B&M's all over the country. The ones I have a membership with I smoke what I want because the understanding is that I have paid my dues to smoke what I want in that environment. If I visit a new B&M and talk with the owner/management and let them know I have brought a few sticks with me and I ask them if they have had one of the ones I have with me? If they say they haven't I give them one and then ask if it would be ok if I smoke one of the others in their shop? 9 times out 10 they will say it's ok because I have not insulted them by just bringing one in and smoking it. Manners mean a lot and I have also been in places where they charge a cutting fee...again I ask them if I purchase a cigar from their place will they waive the fee? If they say no, I leave without giving an explanation as to why I am leaving...they know why.

I only go to those places that are of the mindset of being a quality Cigar Place and not there to see how much money they can make off their customer. Good Cigar places will make you feel at home and help you spend your time in an environment where you can relax and probably spend more money there anyway.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
the way i look at it is if you want a small business to stay in business buy stuff from them
they have overhead and the provide more than just a product they provide a sanctuary if you will from the smoke hating gen pop it is worth it to buy from them ....If you smoke a cigar that they don't have ask if they would get a rouge box for you to buy from. I live in a place where there is only one place to smoke at it is to say the least not extravagant but it is the only game in town and if I have anything to do with it he will get my share of support in the form of supplies and accessories and cigars and some pipe sales it is just the right thing to do

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Never heard of it...but you shouldn't go to a shop and not be a patron in some way...patron not freeloader.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I am unaware if my local shop charges a cutting fee but if I ever bring my own smoke I will definitely make a purchase. I feel obligated and want to support them since I am using there facilities.

Id rather make a purchase then pay a cutting fee.
Ditto!!!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have yet to see a Cigar Bar or a B&M near me that charges a cutting fee, so I myself haven't had to deal with it. But I can say every time I go to a B&M I buy something rather it's to smoke right then or something later if I have my own.

There is a Cigar Bar in town that I do not buy cigars from because they are close to double in price to what they should be. This doesn't upset me, it's a bar and just like drinks at a bar they can sell them at whatever price they want. I just don't buy cigars from them. I buy drinks and smoke my own, if I walked in and they wanted to charge me a cutting fee to smoke my own I would more then likely pay it.

With all the places to smoke going by the way side this may be more common in the future then it is now. As long as it reasonable then I will have no problem paying it.

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
I always buy something when I visit a shop, and the one time i didn't,
(was on a date and we were pressed for time)they told me there was
a 10.00 cut ting fee, i bought a cigar for myself, one for my date, and
kept it movin!:thumbsup:

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I would have no problems paying a cutting fee as long as it wasn't outrageous if I brought my own in.

That said, I let people bring in their own stuff all the time and very rarely have to say anything. As long as you purchase from me occasionally I have no problems with you bringing your own stick in, ESPECIALLY if I don't carry it here. I am a BOTL first and do retail 2nd so I understand people wanting to smoke stuff other then what I carry, especially Habanos. If you come 4 times and buy something one time, I'm good for the most part.

I will also say if I had to charge a cutting fee, it wouldn't be more then like 5 bucks because if you buy a 10 dollar stick, we typically make 5 bucks on it.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
You're all lucky. I wish we had this problem... we don't have any cigar bar or lounges in Hawaii. I would pay whatever fee they ask for, membership fee, cutting fee, staring at their cigar stash fee, using the couch fee... just to have a place to sit down and enjoy few cigars while watching the game with the bros.

Sorry for complaining hehe. Yes, I'm a bit jealous of you mainlanders...

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Pretty much an echoed sentiment here.. I've never been asked to pay a cutting fee, but I always buy a stick if I'm going to use the lounge. It makes sense, especially with the overhead the nicer lounges have. Jm2..

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
As skewed as this logic may sound.. I don't mind paying a cutting fee at a place that DOESN'T as for it.

To me, not asking for a fee is in line with the brotherly spirit of cigars in general... and I would want a place like that to thrive. If they don't accept the cutting fee, then I will make it a point to buy some significant stuff there.

I will still pay it once at a place that asks for it, but I probably will not frequent that place too often.

-Fauzi

Bad Finger

Professional Cannabinist
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me, it depends on if I am purchasing drinks or food. If I do, then no fee.

If I don't, then I buy a stick. That ensures that either way, I didn't waste the proprietors

time, energy, and money. What irks me is when you buy $100 in single Liga's at a shop, and they want to charge you $5 to sit down to smoke one (I'm looking at you Cascade Cigars in Portland).

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I don't mind paying at all. It's already hard enough for b&ms to stay in business with all the regulations they face and nearly everyone buying cigars online these days. Cutter's, where I frequent, doesn't have a large selection so I always bring my own. The couple bucks for a cutting fee is cheaper than any of my drinks