What's new

Do you re-light?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you think of re-lighting and smoking cigars later on purpose? I would never do this with a rare or expensive cigar but I've been waking up at 5 in the morning to enjoy the sunrise with a few puffs of a cheapish connie and then enjoying the rest during my drive to work.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll relight on occasion. I don't intentionally save it for later, but stuff happens. I smoke out in the shed, and if I get interrupted I'll coming back and relight. Usually it is no more than 20 minutes.

I've learned that a relight and touch ups don't have the murderous effect on a cigar that people expect.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The taste after re-light doesn't really bother, even after an hour or so and without a purge. Maybe I just have a very unrefined palate.
I used to buy PCs a lot but nowadays I kind of base my purchases on stuff I like or want to try on Cbid that I can win for significantly less than MSRP and the vitolas offered are usually limited.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will relight a stick after a couple of days.
I let them sit out in the man-shed half finished until I get around to them.

seldom any problems, I challenge each of you to try it. :mooning:
I agree w/ this. I do always purge before I set it down, normally it tends to be less than a day.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just had an EP Carrillo New Wave CT this morning that I relit about 2 hours after it initially went out...tasted great to me

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I don’t remember who said it (cigar industry worker/lounge rando) but I once critiqued someone that relit a cigar that had been out from the night before and was given a stern talking too :LOL: Apparently there’s a word in Spanish/ Cuban culture that is directly tied to the relighting of a cigar that has gone out (put down for lunch, the evening, to attend other business) and it has no negativity associated. I was told it’s very common practice because they smoke cigars throughout the day and no one has huge swaths of time to smoke cigars fully every time.

I’ll relight a cigar I leave in the car when I enter a lounge to purchase something (10-20 minute) but otherwise I shoot to finish my sticks.

Havanaaddict

Mr. Salomones
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I remember 25 + years ago when I was just starting to smoke cigars. I put a cigar in a saver tube and tried to smoke it the next day:vomit: strong as hell and bitter bitter bitter. That only happened once:LOL: But when I went to Paris on vacation I would tube my cigar every time I would get on the metro and make the wife stop and wait till I relit it before walking on:LOL: That is why they make some many different sizes, I choose the size for the time I have. If I only have a 30 min window I will smoke a TPC like a Monte 5, RASCC, Party Short. If I have 1 hr I will smoke a Robusto Extra, Churchill, 45 min a Robustos.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I have done it a few times and it seems to work out ok. I use my cutter and cut it off getting rid of ALL ash signs of burn (about an extra 1/4”) and then purge any old smoke from what remains.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Relighting is definitely not desirable. Like others have said purging can help. I prefer to keep an assortment of smaller cigars or even cigarillos around in case I don’t have a lot of time to smoke.