What's new

Does anybody still do a Traditional Thanksgiving Meal?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
We have been invited to dinner by both sides of the family and nobody mentioned Turkey and dressing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, pecan pie with vanilla ice cream etc. The stuff I grew up with on the holidays with my parents. Do you find a lot of people making their own traditions and getting away from the Norman Rockwell type of meal?

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Nothing but the traditional fare for our families. A sister in law on my wife’s side tried to replace the traditional sage stuffing with something a little more “modern” a couple of years ago and almost got banished from the family.

I’m looking forward to trying to watch football while fighting off my turkey, stuffing, mashed potato, gravy and cranberry sauce induced coma.

Sent from my iPhone using that Tapatalk Thingy

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Always did traditional, will be mixing it up this year though. The plan right now is a thanksgiving bbq this Sunday, a traditional thanksgiving dinner (I think) on Tuesday, and staying in with the gf and kids, and being antisocial to the rest of the world on thanksgiving day

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Nothing but the traditional fare for our families. A sister in law on my wife’s side tried to replace the traditional sage stuffing with something a little more “modern” a couple of years ago and almost got banished from the family.

I’m looking forward to trying to watch football while fighting off my turkey, stuffing, mashed potato, gravy and cranberry sauce induced coma.

Sent from my iPhone using that Tapatalk Thingy
Bingo here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Yup Traditional as well , even tho there is only the two of us this year , and I'm sure there will be enough to feed the whole block..... Like @Rupe trying to fend off the food Coma will be the big task of the day .......

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
We do traditional all the way, but high-fahlutin' traditional because my wife is an overachieving chef lol. We also make green chile stew for Thanksgiving. @NMPokerDealer knows.
We do traditional here, and lots of appetizers!
The first year we lived here I cooked the turkey carcass down for stock and ended up making my first batch of green chili stew.
Not traditional meat for that dish but it was really good!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
We do traditional, but I have gone from a whole turkey to just bone-in turkey breasts. Easier to smoke than the whole turkey. We also do a spiral ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, rolls and homemade cherry and pumpkin pie.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk