What's new

Does anyone else get hiccups?

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Never here either. It must be something with the motion of drawing of air in and less about the cigar or smoke, like others mentioned.
It's all about the nicotine.

Here's a quote from a chewing tobacco warning label:

...oral tobacco products can cause dizziness, heartburn, hiccups or nausea.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I've never had hiccups before while smoking a cigar. I think I'd have to put the cigar down then.

Trilobyte

Herfing Chief
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have at times too hiccuped during a cigar but I squash it pronto by forcing as much air into my lungs as possible; works every time. Now a sneezing fit is another thing.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I read once that hiccups were caused by the diaphragm being stimulated by something that you had ingested. Maybe in this case it is the nicotine. They said the way to stop the hiccups was to ingest something with a very strong sweet or tart flavor. I have typically used a teaspoon of sugar because I can always get a sugar packet but it also mentioned lemon juice. The sugar always works for me.

I can't imagine what that would do to the flavor of a cigar though...

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Pretty interesting find on the wrning label. It could be from that or you guys may be swallowing air when you draw on the cigar. :dunno:

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I had the hiccups last night for 3 hours. I believe they were brought on by the drinking rather than the smokes but I digress. The point is after three hours and every home remedy I had ever heard of I turned to the all knowing Google and I found this link: click me

I could not believe how quickly this worked. I'm not a person who sends out pointless emails but I immediately emailed this to everyone I know. Give it a shot I guarantee it will work. It's amazing! I'm so up on this cure I think it deserves its own thread. :thumbsup

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I wouldn't have chewed Copenhagen and never spit all these years if I had gotten the hiccups from swallowing nicotine!
Atta boy Mike. Real men don't spit. More of a Redman/ Kodiak guy myself. I couldn't ever learn to spit between bars on my mask like Johnnie Bench.
As far as hiccups..........not since I quit the 1/2 bottle of bourbon a day routine.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Atta boy Mike. Real men don't spit. More of a Redman/ Kodiak guy myself. I couldn't ever learn to spit between bars on my mask like Johnnie Bench.
As far as hiccups..........not since I quit the 1/2 bottle of bourbon a day routine.
And your worried about colesteral? You guys are crazy.

smokingIsh

BoM July '09
Rating - 100%
171   0   0
I dip snuff on a regular basis and do not hiccup, however I have had the cigar hiccup phonemenon. But not as frequent, only once or twice. I think it depends on the person and what they are doing at the time. But who knows...