What's new

Does anyone have this humidor?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the idea of 3 drawers plus room for boxes on the bottom.

I saw this humidor on ebay, of course I've never heard of the seller.

ONSALENET HUMIDOR STORE

$199

Any thoughts to share?

Moedavis

Attachments

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I'd get a winedor for that price.
IMHO that would depend on where you live. If you have to decide between a wine-a-dor or that specific humidor and you live in a very warm climate or with no or little AC go for the wineador. If you live up north or the heat isn't an issue go for the humidor. I went the wineador route here in NY but shut it down because it just wasn't worth it. My home is centrally air conditioned and never hotter than 72 degrees. Running another compressor just didn't make sense.

Virgeinadeaux

Virgeinadeaux
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
IMHO that would depend on where you live. If you have to decide between a wine-a-dor or that specific humidor and you live in a very warm climate or with no or little AC go for the wineador. If you live up north or the heat isn't an issue go for the humidor. I went the wineador route here in NY but shut it down because it just wasn't worth it. My home is centrally air conditioned and never hotter than 72 degrees. Running another compressor just didn't make sense.
Yea what he said. :cbig:

willzbar

Lost at the Lake
Rating - 100%
140   0   0
I have had one of these humidor for two years now. It keeps the humidity just right but its not as nice as I had hoped for. The little and I mean little handles on the drawers always come off and the drawers don't hold very many cigars. I finally took the drawers out and just use it for storing my boxes.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have that one... got it fro 149$. its my "desktop" humi. outgrew it pretty quickly, but like the basic design. I have had to re-glue the handles on the drawers. other than that it has done fine. but knowing what I know now.. coolador would have have been a better first choice...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback guys. The search continues for a cabinet with 3 drawers and room for box storage. I just can't pull off the cash for an Aristocrat. :chat:

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
cough, Wine cooler, cough

You can pick one up for 130-200 and have drawers made...

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
cough, Wine cooler, cough

You can pick one up for 130-200 and have drawers made...
This is an interesting idea that i've been considering as well. The "have drawers made" part is where I wouldn't know where to begin. I presume I'd need to track down the spanish cedar and take them to a wood worker to make (as I'm not a handy man whatsoever).....wouldn't that cost a fair amount of $$ to have that done for me?? I've heard spanish cedar is not very cheap to just go purchase somewhere.

I absolutely need more humi space, and would like something to hold anywhere from 300-600 cigars, but the dilemna I have is the same as being discussed here.

Smaller Cabinet Humi or Wine cooler? I live in the Pacific NW by the way, and have AC as well, so temp isn't an issue for me.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
KPP, whats your budget?
Can't say to be honest, as this is a rather new concept to me. I am to the point now where my wife doesn't give me crap about my desktop humi's....but I'm only working with 3. (One 150 ct, One 100 ct, and One 50 ct....all over capacity).

I've avoided getting a larger humi for the most part b/c I know (with my personality).....once I do that.....the thing will ALSO be filled.....LOL!

From what I've seen decent Vino temps can go from $129-200 correct??

I have no idea what cedar shelving/droors would even run......$50?? $75??

Not all that long ago I saw an example posted on here, so perhaps I'll do some more reading up. If I can do everything for under $200-225 and get all my sticks in one unit, my wife just might go for it......although it still might take some of this...:bickering

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
This is an interesting idea that i've been considering as well. The "have drawers made" part is where I wouldn't know where to begin. I presume I'd need to track down the spanish cedar and take them to a wood worker to make (as I'm not a handy man whatsoever).....wouldn't that cost a fair amount of $$ to have that done for me?? I've heard spanish cedar is not very cheap to just go purchase somewhere.

I absolutely need more humi space, and would like something to hold anywhere from 300-600 cigars, but the dilemna I have is the same as being discussed here.

Smaller Cabinet Humi or Wine cooler? I live in the Pacific NW by the way, and have AC as well, so temp isn't an issue for me.

there are a few different people you can pick up drawers and shelves from... I'm picking up 3 drawers (about 3'' tall) and one shelf for about 120 bux give or take an opus... It'll be plenty for now, and it's an easy way to organize my mess!! I got boxes full of singles, and I got baggies with sticks in them too!! (like 30 sticks in bags... not happy about that)
Chasidor.com makes em... Mav makes em on here, and MT Mouse used to make em... not sure what he's up to now a days...