What's new

Does cigar smoke repel mosquitoes?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You know I thought it was working the other night. By the time I got home I realized that my legs were all bit up. I guess the smoke deters them from the upper body but not the lower body.
same happened to me last night unless it was something else biting me

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
In my experience it's a no. I smoke in my garage and they've been really bad lately... all kinds of critters flying and crawling around out there.

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I've never noticed bugs staying away when I smoke. Now a good Bloody Mary will keep the insects away. Lots of pepper and tobacco though.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Growing up, my dad would always light up a cheap cigar whenever we went night fishing; it always seemed to help except when we would take a long trip to northern Minnesota. Those suckers up there are big enough to bring their own Churchill to enjoy after they feasted on us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Cigar smoke doesn't bother Alaskan mosquitoes too much. That's what I have a Mosquito Magnet for. Unfortunately, neither the smoke nor the MM do anything to discourage the annoying little golden flies we have, either.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
In my experience, no, the smoke doesn't do much. That's why I love my screened porch. I do find rubbing a bit of ash on a bite seems to take away the itch though. Not sure if its in my head or real, but it seems to work.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not at all for me, only the almighty DEET works. In my experience citronella candles are also worthless, the only thing I had found that worked well for area suppression were those Off cartridges that you heated over a candle.