What's new

Does your wife know....?

frankluke

Pipe Snob
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
my wife knows, we have an agreement, i can only buy cigars with money i win playing cards or sports betting... so far so good, ive built up a pretty good collection over the years.

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
the g/f thinks she knows but she dont know half of it!!! about half of the cigars i buy i tell her they were part of a trade or i was gifted them from one of you fine BOTL's. if she really knew, shed kill me.

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Does that make him Stevie Wonder?????

When my wife get's that funny "You bought MORE cigars" look, I just calmly say "Baby I could go back to bourbon like the good ol' days". The LOOK turns to a big grin as she sweetly replies " I think I see room for a few more boxes in your cabinet.......... Should I turn the computer on for you?

Works every time.
Yes I had that talk the other night... said at least I ain't drinking anymore and you KNOW where I am...

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
My wife sees everything that comes in but doesn't seem to care. We have a deal, I make the money and she helps spend it. Works out well for both of us.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My solution has been an expensive one with the wife. I just spend as much on her as I do on the hobby and it keeps the even keel.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
My soon to be wife likes wine. So while I'm traveling to different countries I will buy a bottle or two of wine for her. That way she gets something and I have my cigars. It seems to be working thus far. However she does not know how much I've spent while here in Turkey and does not know about the two coolers I have full of boxes. She'll find out in Sept when I send them home in the mail. My tactic here was to just get the "what the hell?" reaction once instead of time and time again when more and more boxes show up.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
No WAY. Maybe if I go to the B&M while we are out, but she thinks everything I bought here was a gift. She has seen a couple of charges oin the card anbd I always get a scolding. So I just go in the garage and sulk while smoking a great cigar. haha