What's new

Domino's Pizza

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
We ordered pizza tonight for the kids and when I opened the box I saw a Garlic Dipping Sauce. That has been in pizza boxes at Papa John's for years, this is the first I have ever saw it in anyone elses box. I was very happy. I love that sauce.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
That dipping sauce is the difference between good pizza and great pizza.
Bah!! Good pizza doesn't need dipping sauce.

I personally find dominies and those other chains pretty gross. Last time I ordered from one because they deliver later and regretted it afterward.:tonguerol

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Pizza Is like SEX. Even bad pizza is good. And like sex.. dipping sauce makes bad pizza even better. :grin:

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I grew up in an Italian neighborhood in Brooklyn. There were a lot of family connections if you get my drift. If someone put dipping sauce with your pizza he’d be sleeping with the fishes that night! :nono::gangfire:
I miss my mom’s cooking and also my grandmother’s or as she like to be called grand-ma-ma (accent on the last ma). My grandmother didn’t make spaghetti and meat balls with sauce. She made “meat-a-balls with pasta and gravy” (it was called gravy not sauce) and she made a “sangwich” (not sandwich) and all the other good stuff. We went to the bakery for the bread and pastries, the butcher for the meat, the fish market for the fish and the corner market for fruit and veggies. I miss those days.
When they cooked for a holiday or just if company was coming over my father always used to joke that they cooked enough food for the number of people eating + 3, “the army, the navy and the marines”.

Here’s a video someone sent me. I hope the link still works. I can’t check it here at work with WebNONsense. In any case, if you’re Italian it may hit home. If you’re not you may just enjoy it anyway for a look at the past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U08Bv7UQT1w&feature=related

P.S. Dominos isn’t real pizza. It’s some kind of simulated food look alike. :barf:IMO. Sorry jmat.

I think I may have hijacked this thread a little. Sorry guys.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I grew up in an Italian neighborhood in Brooklyn. There were a lot of family connections if you get my drift. If someone put dipping sauce with your pizza he’d be sleeping with the fishes that night! :nono::gangfire:
I miss my mom’s cooking and also my grandmother’s or as she like to be called grand-ma-ma (accent on the last ma). My grandmother didn’t make spaghetti and meat balls with sauce. She made “meat-a-balls with pasta and gravy” (it was called gravy not sauce) and she made a “sangwich” (not sandwich) and all the other good stuff. We went to the bakery for the bread and pastries, the butcher for the meat, the fish market for the fish and the corner market for fruit and veggies. I miss those days.
When they cooked for a holiday or just if company was coming over my father always used to joke that they cooked enough food for the number of people eating + 3, “the army, the navy and the marines”.

Here’s a video someone sent me. I hope the link still works. I can’t check it here at work with WebNONsense. In any case, if you’re Italian it may hit home. If you’re not you may just enjoy it anyway for a look at the past.

P.S. Dominos isn’t real pizza. It’s some kind of simulated food look alike. :barf:IMO. Sorry jmat.

I take no ill words. I lived in the Italian section of Boston for a while and there was awsome food there. I live in the Burbs now and there are not too many good Pizza places out here. We get Domino's beacuse they deliver. If I could get the mom & pop place down the road to deliver I would call them. I just tend to eat what they eat.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I grew up in an Italian neighborhood in Bridgeport, the lost suburb of NYC. My dad was a baker, my grandfather was a butcher. I can't tell you the memories your post brought back.

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I take no ill words. I lived in the Italian section of Boston for a while and there was awsome food there. I live in the Burbs now and there are not too many good Pizza places out here. We get Domino's beacuse they deliver. If I could get the mom & pop place down the road to deliver I would call them. I just tend to eat what they eat.
I knew you wouldn’t take it the wrong way. I just felt bad about raining on your Dominos parade. :barf: Oops sorry! lol