What's new

Don Carlos vitolas

Capn_Jackson

A Razorback lost in Texas land
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hello, Cap'n again.
I have been wanting to get into the Don Carlos line for a long time now. I get so stuck on my favorites, and keep them well-stocked months ahead. To be honest, I have real trouble branching out unless I hear great things about a cigar from friends and forums. I do have a couple Don Carlos EotS, which are gonna rest for some months, but I have been itching to get another Don Carlos vitola. I have heard they age well and that's precisely what I'm looking to do. Turning 40 at the end of June, and I want some sticks that age well months down the line. Even years, since I now finally have the setup to do so.
What is everyone's favorite? They aren't very pricey, so I think I can maybe afford a few fivers (or a box) of the #3, the robusto, or the belicoso. I don't tend to buy Churchills too often, as I never have the time to smoke them. Suggestions? Once again, I highly value the opinions and insight from the community. I tend to like something with a more nutty or earthy/leather flavor, some cocoa or espresso, but not very bitter. Curious and excited to try these, and looking forward to your responses.
Cheers!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
Hello, Cap'n again.
I have been wanting to get into the Don Carlos line for a long time now. I get so stuck on my favorites, and keep them well-stocked months ahead. To be honest, I have real trouble branching out unless I hear great things about a cigar from friends and forums. I do have a couple Don Carlos EotS, which are gonna rest for some months, but I have been itching to get another Don Carlos vitola. I have heard they age well and that's precisely what I'm looking to do. Turning 40 at the end of June, and I want some sticks that age well months down the line. Even years, since I now finally have the setup to do so.
What is everyone's favorite? They aren't very pricey, so I think I can maybe afford a few fivers (or a box) of the #3, the robusto, or the belicoso. I don't tend to buy Churchills too often, as I never have the time to smoke them. Suggestions? Once again, I highly value the opinions and insight from the community. I tend to like something with a more nutty or earthy/leather flavor, some cocoa or espresso, but not very bitter. Curious and excited to try these, and looking forward to your responses.
Cheers!
My favorite by far is the Lanceros, and I'm not a big fan of small rg cigars typically, but they were outstanding.

I friggin' LOVE cigars

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hello, Cap'n again.
Cheers!
Personally the #3 or #4 would top my list as my favorite Fuentes. If you want something bigger than a corona the Belicoso would be my choice.

Capn_Jackson

A Razorback lost in Texas land
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Personally the #3 or #4 would top my list as my favorite Fuentes. If you want something bigger than a corona the Belicoso would be my choice.
Awesome. A Corona or Robusto is usually what I have time to smoke, actually, although I love a good toro or belicoso if I have the time.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I’d shoot for a 50 ring or less cap. I think I smoked the #2 last at 54 ring and didn’t like. I typically don’t like large ring smokes 54 is pretty much my breaking point of cigars. In other words I usually won’t even try it unless it was gifted. I was hoping it would be an exception but honestly just wasn’t

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The #3 and regular Robusto from the regular DC line, I would recommend.

I had a Double Robusto and a regular Robusto back to back not too long ago and hands down the regular robusto offered better flavor IMHO.

I've never smoked any of the new fancier DC so those may be better/different/more to your liking.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’d shoot for a 50 ring or less cap. I think I smoked the #2 last at 54 ring and didn’t like. I typically don’t like large ring smokes 54 is pretty much my breaking point of cigars. In other words I usually won’t even try it unless it was gifted. I was hoping it would be an exception but honestly just wasn’t
I did not like them at first. Horrible burn, thick center leaf that burned way slower than the rest of the cigar; I literally had to let the cigar's cherry die out every time to get it to burn sort of correctly.

they smoke great now; huge smoke producer with flavors to match, but I already smoked half the box before realizing how much rest they actually needed lol.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I did not like them at first. Horrible burn, thick center leaf that burned way slower than the rest of the cigar; I literally had to let the cigar's cherry die out every time to get it to burn sort of correctly.

they smoke great now; huge smoke producer with flavors to match, but I already smoked half the box before realizing how much rest they actually needed lol.
Well I guess I’m just gonna have to burn that last one I have. I know I’ve had it a good year or so I really enjoy most fuente. Oddly I like the regular ol 858

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Those are so good. Bought a fiver a couple weeks back to see how they age.
The 858? Don’t think I’ve ever let them go long enough. Lol. For the price they’re a winner. I’m gonna try to find some of the rosado when I free up some space.