What's new

Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I looked through about 5 pages and found nothin so I'm posting this. I was finally able to get my hands on one of these today. I had tried the JJ's and Blue's, each of which I wasn't overly crazy about. Not so with the black label. This has to be one of the spiciest cigars in Pepin's lines. Spice and that good Nic tobacco flavor. Anyone else try these yet?:rifleaim:

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I bought one at the b&m last week...gonna let it sit for a few weeks before I smoke it, but I am certainly looking forward to it. The JJ didn't do much for me, but I did enjoy the Blue label. And I'm a big fan of all the Tats. And honestly, I like the flavor profile of Nicaraguan cigars in general.

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I like the flavor profile of Nicaraguan cigars in general.
Ditto on that.

Also, I don't remember the Tat Havana VI's being really spicy. Anyone know how many lines Pepin blends now? Tat (3 lines), Cabiguan, 601, Old Henry, Don Pepin Garcia (3lines), Padilla, Legends- that's 11 right there. He must be a busy man.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Ditto on that.

Also, I don't remember the Tat Havana VI's being really spicy. Anyone know how many lines Pepin blends now? Tat (3 lines), Cabiguan, 601, Old Henry, Don Pepin Garcia (3lines), Padilla, Legends- that's 11 right there. He must be a busy man.
The little Angelos I smoked was very peppery IMO.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
pepin is another brand i haven't tried. sounding good, though! had my first tat the other day! most excellent!!

jeff

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
There's like 20 some odd cigars under Pepin's belt! I thought I was doing good with the 12 different lines I had in the coolers, but it looks like I might have to give these guys a call.

Trahan by Pepin
Great, just great. Here's another one. Well I will say this, I have smoked many many Tats and Cabiguans (love these), but never bought a whole box. I am however, right after I write this, going to look for the best price on a box of those Pepin blacks. I had another today and I think they are THAT good. I will be seeing that "your order has shipped" in my email tomorrow:devil:

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I'm bringing this back up again to see if anyone else has had the chance yet? Smoked a Figurado the other day and it was good, but not as full bodied as the robo. I have heard good things about the toro so I really want to try that. Anyway, these little gems are almost too good to be true. The construction/flavor/price is unbelievable. I would easily pay $8-$10 for this cigar and feel it was fair. I honestly feel that this is Pepins masterpiece. Man, this guy has come up with some outstanding blends has he not?! I feel he has really changed the landscape and raised the bar for NC cigars. If you haven't tried the Don Pepin blacks yet...get with it, you won't be disappointed, I promise! :bangbang:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I'm bringing this back up again to see if anyone else has had the chance yet? Smoked a Figurado the other day and it was good, but not as full bodied as the robo. I have heard good things about the toro so I really want to try that. Anyway, these little gems are almost too good to be true. The construction/flavor/price is unbelievable. I would easily pay $8-$10 for this cigar and feel it was fair. I honestly feel that this is Pepins masterpiece. Man, this guy has come up with some outstanding blends has he not?! I feel he has really changed the landscape and raised the bar for NC cigars. If you haven't tried the Don Pepin blacks yet...get with it, you won't be disappointed, I promise! :bangbang:
Just picked up a box of robustos and Toros. I am enjoying them to say the least.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I enjoyed it as much as the robusto. I'm a toro size fan so try to start with these but caught a box of Robos on CBid first.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
CI is th eonly place I have found them. Got mine on Cbid for 30% off that.