Rating - 100%
201   0   0
La Giralda by Forcade Cigars

Patriarca is Torpedo(53x6)
Gitano is Double Corona(50x7)
Gitana is Churchill(48X7)
Princesa is Corona(42X6)
Tablado is Robusto(50X5)

Patriarca is the name for our torpedo. It has a size of 53x6. It has a medium and maduro wrapper. Patriarca stands patriarch which means the male head of family or tribe among the gypsies.
Gitano is the name of our double corona. It has a size of 50x 7 1/2 with a medium and maduro wrapper. Gitano means male gypsy.
Gitana is the name of our churchill. Has a size of 48x7 also with a medium and maduro wrapper. gitana means female gypsy.
Princesa is the name of out corona. Has a size of 42x6 comes in medium and maduro wrapper. Princesa stands for princess.
Tablado is our robusto. Has a size of 50x5 comes in a medium and maduro wrapper. Tablado is the stage where the gypsies would dance and perform.

A Little History:
Our roots with tobacco expand from five generations back when our great-grandfather, Thomas Novales, migrated from Palma de Mallorca, Spain to Cabeza-Pinar del Rio, Cuba in 1887. His cultivation of tobacco was located at La Vega kilometer 26 ½ Carretera Luis Lazo, Pinar del Rio, where he passed his knowledge and dedication of tobacco cultivation to his four sons; one of which was our great-grandfather, Thomas Novales Jr., born in 1917.

Our great-grandfather continued the tradition to his seven children. The tobacco agriculture was part of growing up for our grandmother, Bienvenida Elena Novales, and her brothers and sisters. The four boys were in charge of maintaining the fields and the three girls would handle making of each tobacco with perfection. The Forcade family was a French family that also migrated to Cuba and were close friends with the Novales. Having their children growing up together as a family, Bienvenida Elena Novales and Manolo Forcade were brought up in the manufacturing and cultivation of cigars.

As time passed, both having their own descendants, Bienvenida gave birth to Araceli Gonzalez, our mother, and Manolo had his son, Manolo Forcade Jr. Their children fell in love during their adolescence and together were able to continue the company that their ancestors had created, assuring the maintenance of the quality and freshness of a fine cigar.

The company is named after the Forcade family in memory of Manolo Forcade whom died at sea trying to pursue the dream of continuing the tradition in America and leaving from the communism of Castro. Araceli, my mother, wife at that time of Manolo had me, Chistrian Forcade and then remarried having my younger sister Anna Garcia. In modern day today, the generation of this family history is still passionately cultivating in Pinar del Rio, Cuba what their ancestors passed down from generation to generation. The adoration and desire for a first-class cigar is the goal and living dream of the Forcade Cigar Company.

In sharing this passion and love for the cigar industry, My Father Cigars manufacturer is now making and blending Forcade Cigars. Don Pepin Garcia and Jaime Garcia are perfectionists in the art of planting, growing, blending and making a cigar. Forcade Cigars is very fortunate to be able to say that it is made by My Father Cigars Inc. in Esteli, Nicaragua.

Giralda was named after "La Giralda" because is the most emblematic monument of Seville, Spain and the second most important church in the country. The name has a symbolic meaning of our heritage since our great-great grandfather was originally from Palma de Majorca, Spain and we decided to bring together some of the traditions such as the face of the woman in the ring who is a Spanish gypsy.

In 1887, our great great grandfather migrated to Pinar del Rio Cuba and continued the generation of tobacco in our family, making us now the fifth generation. La Giralda, the Spanish gypsy and the name of the five cigars all come from our Spanish roots.

Last edited:

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Bloody hell, Bill! Ye make me feel like I've done a shite of work thus far on the guides. Amazing job!!!

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Well, it is for all of us. The information was pulled from numerous sources and compiled to help us all learn more about our passion. Thanks for all those folks that were patient and to bagfullofpings (jason) for the list, which I had, but left at home yesterday morning. lol..

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Well done. I was actually working on something along these lines. I have an excel spread sheet of the major brands and so forth but found it to be time better put to use for college. Silly, I know.

Rating - 94.5%
85   3   0
Thank you BIll, this is an awesome guide and one that I have been interested in for a whiile. It is amazing how many cigars Pepin is involved with, the dude must not sleep.