What's new

Don't hate me, but...

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
'The Wizard of Oz' is showing on TV, and I am watching it for the 1st time ever. I'm 27.

It's actually pretty good so far! No spoilers! haha.

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Never seen it?? Nice. Better go find your pink floyd dark side of the moon cd. I don't know that many people who haven't seen it. Then again I'm from KS.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Haha hats awesome, do worry your not alone in missing out on the "essential" movies. I've never seen the Jurassic park movies, any of the terminators, or brave heart lol I get crap all the time

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Good thing you're watching it for the first time as an adult. That movie scared the SHIT out of me when I was a kid. Tornados, witches, talking trees and the flying monkeys were just too scary for my 7 year old brain to handle.

I've never done the Dark Side of the Moon thing but I've heard that you need to do it with the vinyl (instaed of the CD) for it to work right. I'm gonna have to get a DVD copy of the movie and pull out my old vinyl Darkside one of these days.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
'The Wizard of Oz' is showing on TV, and I am watching it for the 1st time ever. I'm 27.

It's actually pretty good so far! No spoilers! haha.
Glad you finally are watching it...I don't really understand the whole dark side of the moon thing with it. I have tried....although I was not on acid when doing so...maybe that was the trick?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good thing you're watching it for the first time as an adult. That movie scared the SHIT out of me when I was a kid. Tornados, witches, talking trees and the flying monkeys were just too scary for my 7 year old brain to handle.

I've never done the Dark Side of the Moon thing but I've heard that you need to do it with the vinyl (instaed of the CD) for it to work right. I'm gonna have to get a DVD copy of the movie and pull out my old vinyl Darkside one of these days.
Your lucky......I saw it as a kid, forgot about, saw it again in college. I was really high at the time. That time, it did scare the crap out of me! So I went to the fridge......

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0

my wife HATES the wizard of oz for this reason! she holds a grudge against glinda for making a child go through all that (flying monkeys, dammit!), when she had the means to return home the whole time. i go, "suspension of disbelief", "joseph campbell hero metamyth", "it would be no story if she got out that easy", and she will have NONE of it!

classic piece of fantasy that is uniquely american comparatively, glad you found it, and hope you enjoy!

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I can understand why you have never seen it because you are only 27. When that film was at its height of popularity, there were no home computers, no internet, no DVD/VCR players. And there were only about 12 channels to choose from. It was only broadcast once or twice a year, so it was event viewing. If you missed it, you had to wait another six months to see it. It was a pretty big deal when I was a kid....a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
...I've never done the Dark Side of the Moon thing but I've heard that you need to do it with the vinyl (instaed of the CD) for it to work right. I'm gonna have to get a DVD copy of the movie and pull out my old vinyl Darkside one of these days...
It works & it's trippy as hell! :bouncetau

You can use the CD...just start it right after the third MGM lion's roar.

DARK SIDE OF THE RAINBOW

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
My aunt had this on tape when I was a kid, and we used to watch it when we visited her in Chicago. Scared the hell out of me!

I don't think I've seen it as an adult.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Lucky, I can't watch that movie anymore. Taking a Global Economics class forever ruined it for me.

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
You can watch the Pink Floyd synced version on youtube. It's broken into 10-20min segments. My favorite part is the tornado, and when she first lands in Oz.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
"Auntie M it's a twister..." yeah that movie scared the crap outta' me as a kid. Tornados are very much avoided up to this day...