What's new

dont know about you........

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I know they won't hit my local (read: "sucky") B&M any time soon... d'oh!... but if you see/ hear of them for sale online, please drop me a PM or something! I've been eying these beauts for some time and I'm anxiously awaiting them hitting the shelves!
Just my 2 cents,
ZugbugPete

ezrider

ezrider
Rating - 97.1%
43   1   0
I'll put in for a split, love the maduros,,, so i would take a fiver..if they are as good as the others they make I'll buy a box.............

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
I love maduros, but like Cigar_Jack, I'll temper my enthusiasm until I can actually try one. :disappoin

If my B&M gets them in, I'll pass the word for those who might want to try some.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Looks good, I want to try one.

**In a Homer Simpson voice** Mmmmmmm maduro

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I wonder if CAO will come out with a MX4...
Sounds like all of the new shaving razors, trying to have one more blade than the rest... what's next, an added chainsaw? I can see the adds now... "It slices, it dices, it makes julian fries, and now can chop down the neighbor's ugly 'charlie brown christmas' tree!"

The Camacho Triple Maduro sounds great, as it somehow makes sense to me... but MX4? (I suppose it wouldn't surprise me, being CAO). I guess my thought is, "When is it an improvement and when does it start being silly marketing gone bad (or worse)?"

Just my 2 cents, take it or leave it...
ZugbugPete

architeuthis

I see what you're doing!!
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
To get it right, they'll have to do a MX6. Four layers of maduro wrapper, two of maduro binder, with all ligero filler... <G> That might knock down just about anybody.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Sounds like all of the new shaving razors, trying to have one more blade than the rest... what's next, an added chainsaw? I can see the adds now... "It slices, it dices, it makes julian fries, and now can chop down the neighbor's ugly 'charlie brown christmas' tree!"

The Camacho Triple Maduro sounds great, as it somehow makes sense to me... but MX4? (I suppose it wouldn't surprise me, being CAO). I guess my thought is, "When is it an improvement and when does it start being silly marketing gone bad (or worse)?"

Just my 2 cents, take it or leave it...
ZugbugPete
I think your right. The MX2 was hyped so much that I was really expecting something special. Our B&M ending up taking back a dozen boxes because they would not draw. I hear the new ones are better but once burned...
I have always like Camacho so I will give it a try but prefer the Diplomas to most of their other sticks.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The MX2 was hyped ...<SNIP>... they would not draw. I hear the new ones are better <SNIP>.
The new ones are FAR better, my opinion being that they're "eh?" out of the box but simply "freakishly awesome, considering they're CAO" with a little (~9 months?) age on them. Doubt it'd make THAT big of a difference, but the B&M I got these from holds their rh around 65 at best (usually under 55% in the winter, though he tries to hide the wall- mounted hygrometer behind boxes and such... like we can't tell when we pick up a rock- hard stick...) and my coolerdor is around 69 or 70% most of the time. Again, just my opinion - and heaven knows I have more opinions than is good for me!

For what it's worth, give the new MX2's a shot, but age it a good long while beforehand. The only one I have has only but ~2 or 3 months age, else I'd send it your way... you're still very much welcome to it if you'd like, but I'd personally recommend aging it some more. Still, it's yours for the taking if you'd like - i think it's a robusto or so in shape and size.

Just my 2 cents, but the newer MX2's are better -- with age -- yet not so good that I won't try this camacho Triple Maduro, should I be able to get my hands on some!
ZugbugPete

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I have heard that the MX2 is better with age on it although I have never bought any with the intent to do that...

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Camacho has a great reputation, but if these are anything like the Camacho Negro, they just might suck. I'll be curious to see what everyone thinks of them.